09 cadillac hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 09 cadillac hybrid

Thanks Marty...I can do that right now...guess what, the hood and the tailgate are steel. I had read a writeup that stated the opposite. Of course nothing I have that came with the truck makes any statement. But apparently they took weight out but still had an overall weight gain. The hybrid drive train weights 600 pounds more than conventional, so making the truck lighter was as important as it was in the Tahoe/Yukon but not practical in some applications. For instance, I still have gapping holes in the front airdam for the tow hooks. I think someone could make an aftermarket plug to cover the holes/hooks that could be removeable if needed. I need to talk to a plastics moulding company! I don't notice much when I tow my 23' Yamaha boat either and loaded...it weighs over 4000# on the trailer. I need to get out on the highway at 70mph on the up/down roadway and see if the transmission hunts the way my old Z71 used to...I bet not. Evois posted a question in regard to being able to shift on the fly from D to M...Marty, do you know? Thanks!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sorry Evois, I do not know what an Evo is, do you mean GM Envo? Marty what are the differances in the front seats and bumper reinforcement for the Tahoe Hybrid.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by kklein
Sorry Evois, I do not know what an Evo is, do you mean GM Envo? Marty what are the differances in the front seats and bumper reinforcement for the Tahoe Hybrid.
evo=mitsubishi evolution IX MR. the Q was if you can change from D to M while the car is in motion or do you have to be fully stopped and change to M and start from 1-2-3-4?

Old 01-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

You can drop into manual "tap"mode anytime. It defaults to M4, and you can try to select a lower gear, but the hybrid processor brain has the final call. You won't get M1 at highway speed, for example.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:53 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by KC135R
You can drop into manual "tap"mode anytime. It defaults to M4, and you can try to select a lower gear, but the hybrid processor brain has the final call. You won't get M1 at highway speed, for example.
thats good to know. i know my lexus had a dash indicator that tells you what gear it is. havent tried it yet in this hybrid. thanks.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Administrator

pics!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Administrator

another!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ken: the Tahoe and Yukon front seats are lighter and thinner (front to back) than the non hybrid cousin. Behind the front facia there is a metal crash energy absorber bolted to the frame rails. On the Tahoe and Yukon it is aluminum. The Escalade is steel.

So middle seat leg room is a little more on Tahoe and Yukon hybrids.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Nice looking truck. I think I might get myself a set of those taillights...

Old 01-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Evios
nice truck.
How did u manage to post Such large pictures in the forum pls?

Quick Reply: 09 cadillac hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands