20,000KM in Four Months Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Smile 20,000KM in Four Months Issues

This is a great vehicle in four months and 20,000KM I have had the following issues:
1.) Drivers and Passengers door side moldings.
2.) Drivers door whistle.
3.) Steering.

Thats all.
Great job GM! and if I have an issue or concern the dealership is always there for me.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Default Re: 20,000KM in Four Months Issues

Oopps I forgot:
4.) Tailgate and Hood gas shocks.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

What issues did you have with the mouldings and steering Ken? And was the dealer able to fix the whistle? I think the cold kills the seals in gas shocks...or at least extremes. You put alot of mileage on her!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

2WD 2009 Tahoe:
6.5 months, 17k miles.
Only issues have been intermittent driver door whistling and lately what feels like some slight hesitation upon accelerating from a dead stop in reverse or forward - but then disappears. Could just be me! Other than that, no complaints except Chevy closing the dealership at the beach where I live and go for service!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Thumbs up Re: 20,000KM in Four Months Issues

Hi Mel,
The Door Moldings were curling up at the ends. The gas shocks were from the extreme cold -40. The steering was just a slight alignment problem, just because I was picky. Door noise was fixed on second attempt. Hats off to the Hybrid team at GM. I think the problems I have had mostly have been with the second and third tear suppliers to GM. Hard to manage this when things need to change at the top. Not sure on Obama's decision about Wagner, I heard he would drag his heels, new guy maybe yes man. GM needs a hands on tech driving the ship who can work with the people, technology, and third the business. Last year I did 100,000KM and 596Hrs in the Citation X. Always on the move I guess.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think GM has a good team of people. All of the 2 mode folks and the folks over at the Volt design plants are going to be forerunners, just like the Prius team was. These are the engineers and thinkers, not the lead dogs. I have mixed emotion about the political interferance in business. Some companies may have failed without help. But that is free enterprise. Overall, the government should stay out of business. But it does have a responsibility to be accountable to not only stockholders but to employees and to the communities they are within.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:34 AM

Mel I fully Agree.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tom Stephens is the head of GM's Product Operations now, and he used to run Powertrain. He's the car guy's car guy. He's got a garage full of Firebirds and Corvettes, and has been wrenching on engines since he was teenager. GM will be fine.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Glad to hear Tom is there and he has wrenched before, I have always been a GM fan, Always will be.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Forgot to mention that last week I had a hood release failure, no big deal I have not had one of those since the seventies when I changed a hood cable.

Quick Reply: 20,000KM in Four Months Issues

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands