Old 03-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Default Re: 2008 Hybrid Brakes Failed Several Times

most owners of GM hybrids are satisfied with their purchase, like this guy

http://trololololololololololo.com

Old 03-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jeremy, that is starting to get annoying. And you don't want to annoy The Stig...

...I'm not James May.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Unhappy
I have a 2008 Chevrolet hybrid. My power brakes failed and I almost hit two cars before I got the vehicle stopped! My worst nightmare is that this would have happened while I was near a busy school crossing! The service story is long and involved. If anyone else has had a similar problem please contact me at 567-224-2971. Thanks
If your story is legit, make sure you file a safety complaint w/NHTSA at www.safercar.gov.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
can you post pics of your hybrid and the VIN so we can get an idea?
If you want my VIN # call me.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cwerdna
If your story is legit, make sure you file a safety complaint w/NHTSA at www.safercar.gov.
Believe me this has gone MUCH, MUCH further than that.

Why would anyone make up something like this?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM

"Why would anyone make up something like this?"

Obviously, you have not read through this thread. Please read it and let us know if you have taken the steps identified in the various posts.

Also, to be clear, we are talking about a lack of power-assist, never a loss of braking, right?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by fjungman
There are trolls everywhere and people w/nothing else better to do. We seem to get waves of them on Priuschat.

Maybe you'll get a laugh out of this post https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...new-nah-22261/. https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...61/#post207826 noticed it was copied almost verbatim from a 2 year old HCH post at https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ng-down-13138/. Talk about fishy...

Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fjungman

Obviously, you have not read through this thread. Please read it and let us know if you have taken the steps identified in the various posts.

Also, to be clear, we are talking about a lack of power-assist, never a loss of braking, right?
Right,no power-assist. The distance you go when you realize how much pressure you need to stop,can put you in a bad situation.My wife is a small person,I don't think she could stop that Tahio.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Unhappy
Right,no power-assist. The distance you go when you realize how much pressure you need to stop,can put you in a bad situation.My wife is a small person,I don't think she could stop that Tahio.
well, you still need to step on the brakes to stop the car! I had the EBD and the brake assist which is both servo and electric on my lexus, see where it led us to...sudden and uncontrolled acceleration. if stepping on the brake pedal is a problem(e.g. weak knees, ankle joint problem, etc) then the GM vehicle is not the right one for him or her. maybe a smaller lighter vehicle would be appropriate.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
well, you still need to step on the brakes to stop the car! I had the EBD and the brake assist which is both servo and electric on my lexus, see where it led us to...sudden and uncontrolled acceleration. if stepping on the brake pedal is a problem(e.g. weak knees, ankle joint problem, etc) then the GM vehicle is not the right one for him or her. maybe a smaller lighter vehicle would be appropriate.
It has nothing to do with WEAK KNEES. It takes very little pressure to stop a 5715lb truck with power-assist. Take that power-assist away suddenly at a stoplight,the distance you travel, will put you in the back of the car ahead of you. If you heve never experienced that,try it sometime!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 Hybrid Brakes Failed Several Times

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands