Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/first-accessory-our-hybrids-pics-21333/)

CPMS 06-04-2009 07:59 PM

Re: First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics

Is the custom tailpipe still available? Just picked up a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and it's so quiet during idle it's kinda scary. I just traded in a 2007 Escalade EXT which was the exact opposite, sounded like aftermarket exhaust during idle so maybe I'm just used to something louder.

macmtr 06-04-2009 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by CPMS (Post 204269)
Is the custom tailpipe still available? Just picked up a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and it's so quiet during idle it's kinda scary. I just traded in a 2007 Escalade EXT which was the exact opposite, sounded like aftermarket exhaust during idle so maybe I'm just used to something louder.

Yes, I sure do. We are making another batch now. PM me if you would like to order.

Jason

CPMS 06-15-2009 03:30 AM

Jason, assume I'll need to cut the pipe between the muffler and resonator and clamp on the new tailpiece?

macmtr 06-15-2009 08:52 PM

Yes that is correct. Fairly simple. We cut right behind the axle.

Thanks,

Jason

sfarris 07-02-2009 12:45 PM

I put mine on. Cut was easy, but the truck was on a lift. I didn't think a clamp would hold it and we tacked it on with welder. Needs a better weld i think.

I don't know how to get a clamp to hold it on without splitting the chrome part.

YMMV.

fjungman 07-03-2009 10:35 PM

I put mine on today. I can't say it went great, but the end result was good. It looked like it wouldn't fit, so I wanted to take the muffler off at the clamp, without cutting to get it into position better. No amount of force would get the muffler off of the pipe after I completely loosened the clamp. Finally, I cut as close to the hanger as I could, so I could test fit and cut more if needed. That was too much. I had to move the hanger to get it hung, but when all was said and done, it looks excellent!!! So, great looking product, but I can't say everyone will have a perfect install. Oh, I love the sound now. Barely louder, but you can hear the cylinders firing, which gives it a slight growl. Much more fitting of such a handsome truck.