hey GM...about the nav system

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:48 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default hey GM...about the nav system

I just spent the month in Europe. i rented a BMW something or other diesel 4 door. not a bad car at all but the BMW NAV system makes my Yukon system look like it came from toys are us. The BMW system was so user friendly and the remote (center console) rotary input **** is (after you get used to it) easy enough to use while driving through Paris. Buy a BMW and copy the system, it is VERY GOOD!

Old 11-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: hey GM...about the nav system

Not just GM, American delivered vehicles in general have rediculous restrictions on everything...Liability driven. Look at what you pay for vehicles around the world, they are much cheaper than here...again, liability. Same with the pharmaceutical companies, they are cheaper in other countries for the same products made by the very same manufacturers.

What I want to know is why can't the auto makers just put the big nav screen in the vehicle and use it for everything but NAV? Then allow an aftermarket unit to feed the info into the screen and then you could use any nav data company you wanted with whatever setup you liked.

Thanks for the feedback from across the pond!

Old 11-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: hey GM...about the nav system

Hi Jet 1
My daughter just bought a BMW with the Nav system that you are speaking about here in Canada and she says it is night and day better than GM's I have not got the chance to see it just yet.