Hidden Menu on Nav Screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 AM
K-9 UNIT
Default Hidden Menu on Nav Screen

I was surprised to find that there is no info on this site about this feature. I imagine I would have gone looking for this later on, but I am still learning the vehicle basics.

I had pulled into the driveway at my house the other day and pressed something on my radio, possibly at the same time my wife was pressing something else. As my wife opened her door and I was shutting off the truck, I looked down just in time to see a whole different screen on the Nav. In the split second that I saw it, it appeared to be two columns of choices. the couple of which I "kind of" saw appeared to be diagnostic in nature. I recall there were initials that I did not immediately recognize, maybe HPOP something, or something along those lines.

Does anyone know how to get back into this screen? I wish I knew what we pressed!

JT

Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hidden Menu on Nav Screen

Hi JT,

If you haven't already found a solution, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send me a direct message with your details (name/VIN/address) and I will investigate. Your name and address will only be used to confirm I am communicating with the owner of the vehicle in question!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 02-22-2012, 04:31 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default wow!

welcome aboard GM! Katie!!! I never thought I would see the day....!

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
Hi JT,

If you haven't already found a solution, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send me a direct message with your details (name/VIN/address) and I will investigate. Your name and address will only be used to confirm I am communicating with the owner of the vehicle in question!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 PM
K-9 UNIT

Katie,

Thank you for monitoring this site. I think everyone here is grateful to have your presence. Along those lines, I would not want to waste your time with my request. I am 1) the curious type who likes to find "hidden" features and 2) curious about this screen because I saw it for just a split second. I have trying everything to find it again, but there are too many variables (especially considering the touch screen - touch here or there or in two spots or not at all while pressing 2 buttons, 3 buttons, 4 buttons, etc.) also if someone has a device that changes the meaning of buttons installed (i.e. bluetooth, lock pick, etc) than the whole thing may not even work. Anyway, I just want to know to know. There are many others here who truly need your help with one problem or another, or getting an across the board answer no matter what dealership you go to (like the roof racks). Thank you again for your offer though. if no one else bombards you with questions I will happily give you my info. Not sure if GM would really want to share the info, though there is probably no reason not to.

Thanks again

JT

Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome, JT & Jet1! I appreciate it and hope to be able to help the community where I can. (See my Intro post for a little explanation of my role here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...service-27617/)

JT, I appreciate your response! Thanks so much for letting me know it's not an urgent issue. It would be no problem to check and see what I can find regarding your issue, however, so feel free to message me anytime with details and I can look into it.

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 AM
K-9 UNIT

For what it is worth, although not the hidden menu screen I had seen, I did find a combination of buttons that will reset the radio / nav system. If you ever have an issue with it not powering up, press and hold the power / volume button, the tune button, and the eject button simultaneously and it will reboot the unit.

JT