Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   New battery installed (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/new-battery-installed-31367/)

tiktok4321 12-15-2017 05:26 AM

Re: New battery installed

Two things to check for when buying a used Tahoe. If it's an 08-09, ensure that there is no camshaft damage. Get a Tech II on it and check for misfires - particularly in Cylinder #8. If it shows a misfire, then avoid the vehicle. If it doesn't, then get a full engine oil cleanout, even if you pay $500 for it, then switch and stay with full synth.

The other issue is the battery (All years). If the vehicle hiccups or stalls when accelerating from a stop, then the battery is wearing down. You'll likely not have ANY codes pop out for it. Just be aware.

Each of those two conditions will add around $4K+ to the cost of your vehicle.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 12-15-2017 09:21 AM

Great advice!

Ckleven 08-11-2018 03:21 PM

Any more input on Greenbean? They have changed their warranty to a 5 year replacement, no more pro ration. How's their track record?

tiktok4321 08-12-2018 07:13 PM

Been nearly a year, and it is still working. I will say that my MPG dropped from around 19.2 to 18.8, but I think that's the way my wife drives it. But I haven't had any related issues since.

jhaefele 10-09-2018 09:32 AM

BUMP

doing my own research and it appears after November 2017 now Green Bean offers full 5 YEar UNLIMITED Mileage full warranty..

tiktok4321 10-10-2018 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by jhaefele (Post 266531)
BUMP

doing my own research and it appears after November 2017 now Green Bean offers full 5 YEar UNLIMITED Mileage full warranty..

To be clear, November 12, 2017. I bought mine on November 11th, I'm sure...

dnt1010 11-17-2018 05:17 AM

Sounds like GreenBean is the way to go with a full 5 year replacement? They come to you, almost like replacing a windshield, they show up and BAM done quickly., So what if it has to be traded out after 3 to 4 years? Who really thinks that a 10 yr old high mileage GM two mode Hybrid is worth spending big bucks on a new traction battery just to swell your chest and say NEW battery (putting lipstick on a pig LOL). Come On Man these Esckeys/Yukes and Ho's in almost perfect shape are selling for well under 10k just another old used unit that has extra liabilities.