Service Hybrid System 2013 Yukon

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Service Hybrid System 2013 Yukon

When you get an indication, what is the actual code?

Old 02-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BamaDawg
lvflyer, are you still having the "Service Hybrid System" on DTC come on, did it finally go away or have you seen any other trouble? Also in one of your posts above you referred to symptoms going away after the APM was replaced "battery voltage". Were you referring/watching the 12 v battery voltage on the DIC or the Hybrid battery voltage through an ODBII app? My 2013 Yukon that ,SKeith ran a grid on my battery data and said it is the best he has ever seen on a used GM battery at 120k, Data looks like a new battery. It has posted the "Service Hybrid System" on DTC about 6 cold mornings (51 degree today, but mostly 20-30 F) now over the last 3 weeks. It goes away on its own as the car warms up. The next day is warm and it does not happen. Never had any other symptoms ie: brakes, steering. mpg about 18-19 in town, heavy foot: hwy about 20-22 mpg.

Comments or pontifications (SKeith) welcome
Yes I still get "Service Hybrid System" on DTC every startup. Clears with button. No other symptoms. Prior to APM replaced under extended warranty the only time the "Service Hybrid System" message ever came on was when it was below freezing and then would only come back if restarted and below freezing. I didn't have any other symptoms. Now the message appears regardless of the temperature so it leads me to believe it is something they did at the shop. I had a guy do a quick check for the codes that were locked in and tried to reset them and sure enough there are codes for the Serial Data Gateway Module that wouldn't stay cleared. I opened up the dash and unplugged then plugged back in after squirting some contact cleaner on the plug to the SDGM, but the codes would not clear. Since the guy reading the codes did it as a quick favor I was not able to get the details on the codes. So I am stuck with a message when I start up.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

I have no registered codes on mine through Torque or Carista apps. Just the "Service Hybrid System" on DTC at start up then it goes away.

Just went out and checked DIC temperature 55 degrees. Started it and NO "Service Hybrid System" on DTC message.

I may run it up to O'Reillys today.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast

I have no registered codes on mine through Torque or Carista apps. Just the "Service Hybrid System" on DTC at start up then it goes away.

Just went out and checked DIC temperature 55 degrees. Started it and NO "Service Hybrid System" on DTC message.

I may run it up to O'Reillys today.
The codes aren't readable except on high end scanners. They are deep in the system. Sounds like you need to take advantage of the extended special warranty. May be like pulling teeth though. https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb...06332/6bdde953

Old 02-29-2020, 10:52 AM
Enthusiast

Ok- No codes on Torque or Carista or O'Reilly's fancy New Bosch reader. Pictures attached. I am taking all these to the dealer with the APM repair bulletin lvflyer sent me. See if they will replace the APM based on this and ask them to confirm software is up to date and clear codes. May be a few weeks before I can advise. Lots of travel for work. Stay Tuned.

Dash on 2/21/20 35 degrees. once warm it went away

Torque app - no faults

Carista app - no faults

Torque app - Hybrid battery info

Two month old O'Reilly's store near me, Bosch codes reader - No Faults

Old 02-29-2020, 10:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I recently had a ABS control module go bad (09 Tahoe) and despite the dire warnings of a used unit having to be "programmed" to match the vehicle I bought a used one at my local salvage yard and installed it. NO PROGRAMMING required works just fine.
Not sure if you would have that good of luck with this module that you need. I have noticed lately that we appear to be in what I call a "Golden Age Opportunity" for used GM Two Mode hybrid parts. A lot are showing up on salvage yards as they age out and the parts are reasonably priced at least around my area.
If this were my vehicle and I coul narrow the issue down to a module I would probably just trade in a used module from a matching vehicle on the cheap. Note: if your vehicle blows up (doubt it lol) don't blame me if something happens, just telling you what I would do.
Oh one other thing that might be worth checking is the reservoir for the Hybrid cooling system DCMC. Since this seems to be temperature related it almost makes sense that the cooling reservoir may be right at the minimum and then drops below when cold, setting off the low level light? When the system coolant warms up and expands after a while of running and turns off the dash warning light?
Good Luck.

Last edited by dnt1010; 02-29-2020 at 12:04 PM. Reason: added info
Old 02-29-2020, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast

I will be interested to see what they find and compare. It took 4 trips for me. First trip they said it was the 12V battery. Still under warranty so no charge. Then after I replaced that they said even though it had the symptoms described they said it showed the Serial Data Gateway Buss was bad, but they went ahead and ordered the APM and seal to replace under special warranty extension. Third trip to get it replaced at end of the day they called and said they couldn't do it because the only person certified to work on hybrids was tied up all day so had to make another appointment. So fourth trip and all day they still didn't have it finished and had to pick up the next day. Suppose to be a 2 hour job. Then when I picked it up they said they couldn't clear the SDGB codes and said they didn't make them anymore and would have to have one made for $4,000. They said they wouldn't program and used one. So here I am having to clear the message every time I start up.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have changed out modules on vehicles and not had to get the module programmed. Key is to find a nearly identical donor vehicle to yours. On used parts it will already be programmed and will most likely work. I had a 2006 Mercury Montego where the LED tail lights were bad. (cannot find the LED tail lights for less than 700 per side!) went with a Ford Five Hundred donor vehicle at PullAPart. I swapped in the standard tail lights off the Five Hundred and they fit and plugged right up but the tail lights would not work so I swapped in the Ford Five Hundred SDGM module and the tail lights worked. Cost me 75 bucks for all the parts.
I gave the car to my brother in law and he has been driving it for over a year.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Have you ever noticed hard steering effort when it is on?
My 09 Hybrid as just recently displayed the service battery system and the power steering went out. Did you find a solution?

Last edited by Christy Heisey; 06-07-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast

So how did this work out. I can't find a Serial Data Gateway Module so still clearing message on DTC.

Ok- No codes on Torque or Carista or O'Reilly's fancy New Bosch reader. Pictures attached. I am taking all these to the dealer with the APM repair bulletin lvflyer sent me. See if they will replace the APM based on this and ask them to confirm software is up to date and clear codes. May be a few weeks before I can advise. Lots of travel for work. Stay Tuned.

Dash on 2/21/20 35 degrees. once warm it went away

Torque app - no faults

Carista app - no faults

Torque app - Hybrid battery info

Two month old O'Reilly's store near me, Bosch codes reader - No Faults

Quick Reply: Service Hybrid System 2013 Yukon

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands