Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

I also have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. On 3 different occasions the vehicle has completely died losing all power and almost all operating systems had error codes with failures. The vehicle was at the dealership for 10 days in a row at one point with no resolution to the root cause of the problem. My dealership stated a Hybrid engineer would be out to look at the vehicle but they never followed up. Most recently on saturday Nov 14th the vehicle completely shutdown while driving on the highway. I had to have the vehicle towed and at this point all the dealership knows is the battery was completely drained but could not explain why the vehicle failed. The vehicle is still at the dealership as of 11/25. The last service update I received is that a hybrid engineer came out and looked at the vehicle and replaced the 12v battery. They are unable to replicate the failure and are supposed to be contacting me. Any information or updates would be appreciated from Chevy owners with similar issues

Old 11-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Brett,
Check out other threads regarding this problem
2008 Hybrid Brakes Failed Several Times
The problem was solved by many owners by upgrading the computer software,and changing the 12V battery.
Another major issue in 08 models is replacing the transmissin wiring harness, which caused the vehicle modular system to shut down and brakes to fail.
check out the threads, and you can find more info about these issues.

Good luck

Old 11-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Currently I have 9,000 miles on my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid with no brake failure. Rather than talk about lemon laws, lawyers, trading vehicals, buy backs. Why dont we just post what has been done to the vehicle to prevent this from reoccuring. I will post a new thread Chev Hybrid Brake Loss Problem Fixes, then lets compare notes this thread is just going to many directions. If there is a problem then lets use our collective knowledge to try and help fix it. This is a great vehicle.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:49 PM
AMP
Enthusiast

I too am having problems with my 2009 Yukon Hybrid. I am having warning lights that come on saying Traction Control Off, StabiTrac Off, then it flashes and says Service Traction Control, Service Stablitrac. To date I have had no brake issues, but who knows what will be next.I have had it in for service and they seem to have no idea what the problem is.It just makes me mad that this vehicle is less than a year old and there is already problems with it.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default its the wiring harness in your transmission

Mine did this twice...EVERYTHING still works it just requires more pressure to stop as the electric assist is off, you still have normal hydraulic brakes. There is a sub-assembly wiring harness in the trans (not mfg. by GM but by a subsidiary) that had some defective crimps. The harness was replaced and mine has been fine ever since.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:38 AM
AMP
Enthusiast

I posted yesterday that I had been having trouble with my 2009 Yukon Hybrid. This was involving the traction control and stablitrac. I got in my vehicle this morning and the battery was completely dead....nothing left on, and no reason for this to happen. I can't believe this is happening

Old 08-25-2010, 01:45 PM

Good. That should be something they can troubleshoot without much issue. Have it towed under warrenty to the dealer and they should be able to fix it with those symptoms.
Who is your servicing dealer? Do they have a specifically trained Hybrid Technician? If not, find one that does.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just had the "Service Stabilitrack" message. No brake problems. Had the GM Hybrid Dealer review the codes and they uploaded a newer software. No "Service Stabilitrack" message however I seem to have a smother transmission operation and have seen a slight better MPG.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Enthusiast

I seem to be having the same problem. Starting the car in the garage everything is fine until I press down on the brake pedal. At that point the warning lights and sounds go off and the pedal goes nearly to the floor.

I drove it in my driveway and confirmed that there is some braking available but clearly no power assist and I'd be very reluctant to test this at any kind of road speed.

Called GMC Roadside assistance and the dealer and they're going to come the truck on Monday and tow it into the shop. I'll update when I hear more.

For now here is a video showing the experience...

http://youtu.be/WuxN-ccsbnc

Old 11-20-2010, 04:16 AM

Thanks for sharing specially with the video. very helpful

pls keep up updated with the diagnosis

Quick Reply: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands