Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

If anyone has any useful info about brake failure, I would appreciate your comments on what you experienced.. Jerk2022, oops, Jake2022, butt out!!! I can't imagine anyone so skeptical and insulting about someone having an accident that could have caused bodily injury.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

I've heard nothing about the brakes failing. Zero TSBs on the brake system. Seeing as it is a hydraulic system, they should still not work if they went to the floor, or it should be very easy to duplicate. This braking system has been in use on cars for almost 100 years, so this is very easy to diagnose and determine the root cause. If it really went to the floor, you should not have moved it again after the accident. It is extremely obvious that the hybrid system cannot be involved if the pedal went to the floor as you clearly stated in your first post. Any decent mechanic will be able to tell what happened.
Since this would apply to all Tahoes, Yukons, Suburbans and Escalades, it seems to be an isolated incident, as there are no TSBs or recalls.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Im a SKEPTIC

reminds me of the good ole "sudden unintended acceleration" ploy used by the bluehairs when they crashed through their garage....heres a link fo you...jeez
I wish this thread would die...

http://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/Arti...ecautions.aspx

Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bjlaw1942
Have been reading postings, and would like to know if anyone has crashed due to brake failure. I was just pulling into a parking place at the County Courthouse in Gillette WY yesterday and crashed into a block wall. I had braked to drive in to the space and the pedal went all the way to the floor. Imagine my shock!!!
This is not the same as the failures described throughout this thread. The brake will actually become very firm and difficult to move at all.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2009 Silverado Hybrid that has experienced 2 brake failures since I bought the vehicle in July. Both times you literally have to stand on the brake pedal to get the truck to stop. The first time happened within 2 weeks of owning the truck. The dealership reprogrammed the brake module per GM's instructions and everything worked great until last week. I left work and was coming up to a major intersection and the problem happened again. Check stabilitrack, check engine, etc, etc all started flashing on the dash (just like the first time also) and only had about 10% to 20% of normal braking power. The dealership still has the vehicle and GM has instructed them to replace the master cylinder to correct the problem. The service tech at the dealership wants to replace the brake module too, but GM said "NO". I know this is in the Tahoe / Yukon section, but I figured the must have the same brake design. The truck is still at the dealership, so I can update once I get it back.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2009 Tahoe hybrid with about 7000 miles on it. On Sept 16th, I had the brake failure/traction control requires service problem, which caused me to roll from a stop into a 2003 Nissan Altima in front of me, causing $2500 worth of damage to it. Very surprisingly, there was no damage to the Tahoe at all. Very low speed collision, perhaps 3 mph.

I took it to the dealer, and they installed the lastest software mod, and I'm driving again. It hasn't happened again, but I'm very wary when stopped to make sure I'm not moving!

Old 10-11-2009, 06:53 AM

I have contacted Brian goebel and Brian corbett regarding this issue, I got their address from Gm media website, Brian Goebel got back to me, and said he is not aware of any brake issues, I insisted to check out this forum, I am not sure if he did, but he said that It's difficult to comment on specific customer issues without having the vehicle to investigate, etc. and that he received outstanding feedback from Silverado and Tahoe Hybrid drivers .you can try to contact him at brian.goebel@gm.com, hopefully someone from GM would take action to solve this issue

hoep this helps

Old 10-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Hybrid in Jordan

Ok, my problem seems to be fixed after repairing the transmission wiring harness. My early production Yukon hybrid "12/07" definitely had a faulty wiring harness that made the truck to stall while driving. which also cause the lose of brake and power steering

Old 11-07-2009, 06:06 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default start a new thread...

Originally Posted by angle
Hello Everyone
My service 4 the message is showing on the screen. how do i service the 4wd or how much should it cost to get done? Also, my battery meter is moving past the highest point, i have changed my alternator and battery and checked both and they are working properly so what is causing this meter malfunction?

Sharing more and more useful tip[s and information
Thanks
this one os OLD DEAD news, you will get better response if you post a whole new thread instead of a ewsponse to this one

Old 11-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Angle,
Is this a GM SUV or Truck? If so, which one? What is a "Service 4" message and on what screen is it showing? You changed the Alt. yourself, or was it a dealer that did the work?
Post this and the answer in a new topic. This thread is for a Dead Topic.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands