Update after 3 months

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Update after 3 months

Its amazing , after owning this 2008 Hy-hoe for three months i am still loving it like it was my first day of ownership. A few things I wanted ask from the Tahoe community:

1) Bliue-tooth: I have a 2008 so no bluetooth factory installed. I am aware of some after-market add ons such as Costartech and Scosche. I was wondering if GM makes a factory add on that will allow the bliue-tooth functionality with On-star not being affected.

2) Software: Updating my software for better MPG. Not sure what software I am running and don't know how to check but was wondering if newer software upgrades have improved MPG overall or not?

3) Rims: If i replace the rims on my truck with other rims that are the same weight will it be good to go or should i leave it stock? Anyone know the weight of the rims stock 08 Hyhoe?

4) True or False: Is GM getting rid of the Tahoe Hybrid? I really hope they are not or it will be forced into that niche market like used FJ-40's etc ....

Thank you!!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Administrator
Default Re: Update after 3 months

the hy hoe is already good out of the box. the software update will only improve your nav, onstar and radio devices but did not find any change in an already improved mileage.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Update after 3 months

3 - the primary reason for upgrading wheels is for looks. The stock setup is the ideal setup for fuel efficiency and ride quality. If you want better looking then I suggest going with 22" wheels, 9 to 9.5" wide fitted with 285/45/22 tires. Gm supplies the escalade and Denali hybrids with this heavier combo. Just make sure the offsets are right which is specific to the wheel you choose. I am running 9.5s with around a 35 to 38 neg offset and it didn't rub at stock height while sitting flush to fenders.

All in all I took about a 2 mpg hit and the ride is harsher but tolerable.

4 - latest word is gm will not make a hybrid for the next gen full size SUVs. I imagine it is due to sluggish sales. I bought a 2013 the last of the generation without much concern about future value and reliability. The hybrid unit is well designed and with the healthy warranty gm is backing up the tech. The battery pack itself isn't too expensive either. More power, quieter/smoother operation, 30%+ improved mpg over gas models = winner.

Last edited by CYKBC; 11-22-2012 at 02:52 PM.