HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Can't keep alignment

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Can't keep alignment

It seems to me that my 04HCH needs alignment much more often than any car I've owned. By the time I get 15-20k or so it is really pulling to the right. I bought this car at 14k, had the alignment done at 30k, and now it's pulling significantly again at 43k.

Anyone else had this problem?

Old 12-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Default Re: Can't keep alignment

I have an 03 CVT and don't have the problem. How bad out of allignment are you when you get it realligned?

Old 12-12-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I have an 03 CVT and don't have the problem. How bad out of allignment are you when you get it realligned?
About the time it changes lanes on its own when I let go of the wheel.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

the people that serviced the car should be able to tell you the before and after alignment numbers, you can use these to determine how far out of spec the alignment actually is.

this is assuming that a reputable and honest service place is doing the work.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

You say that you got it with 14 000 on it. Could it have been in a fender bender before you got it?

Old 12-13-2006, 07:56 AM

Next time you go for an alignment make sure they have a sheet that shows the before and after. This way you can pinpoint exactly where the problem is.

Also, check the wear of your tires? Anything unusual could help diagnose the problem as well.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by cb450sc
You say that you got it with 14 000 on it. Could it have been in a fender bender before you got it?
Not according to carfax.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:26 AM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by zimbop
It seems to me that my 04HCH needs alignment much more often than any car I've owned. By the time I get 15-20k or so it is really pulling to the right. I bought this car at 14k, had the alignment done at 30k, and now it's pulling significantly again at 43k.

Anyone else had this problem?
Could be the steel belts in the front tires. Sometimes they are not perfect when the tire is made so the car will always seem to have alignment problems. There was a similar post on this site that referenced a honda tech bulletin but I'm not sure what thread it was in.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:29 PM

Well, I'm due for tires sometime in the next 10k or so. I've been rotating them regularly, but when I replace them perhaps I'll notice a difference for alignment issues.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

I've had mine aligned 3 times - about every 15K it seems. Seems unusual - more than other cars I've owned. I really can't explain why or by how much. I pretty much just have it done. Once a year isn't too painfull a pill to swallow.

Quick Reply: Can't keep alignment

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands