HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Honda a "Green" car company?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Honda a "Green" car company?

Help spread the word...

http://openlettertohonda.blogspot.com/

Facebook, Twitter, MySpace...please pass the message along.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda a "Green" car company?

That letter is awesome! Please keep us informed if you received any kind of response.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, I will keep everyone posted. Please help by passing along the link via facebook and twitter!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well I hope you manage to shake them up because allot of strange things are going on with Honda cars and trucks, especially with the HCH2. Recal of pack is one that is driving people nuts. So I hope your fine letter works for you and others! H

Old 08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi ,sorry to hear about about that problem, tried to help earlier,but couldn't find have anything positive to dig up, by any chance you are using mobil 1?
seems in forum its becoming knowed that mobil 1 seems to eat oil 1 + quarts more oil than normal , two guys that did have that problem both said switching to castrol have cure their problem. some say mobil 1 sucks you could do a search on types of oils, some has gone adding a half can (not full )of a oil treatment
that thicken it as it treats the piston walls, Deralube really good, as its seam you have nothing to lose ,your on warranty .

Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Not sure about "OnTarget", but I bought my 03 HCH brand new in April of 2003. I did my first oil change in July of 2003 with Mobil 1 0w-20 and have been using it ever since. I've done 24 oil changes to date and I'm now at 175,668 miles. (I record everything) My car DOES NOT lose any oil between changes and I have not used any additives.

I wonder if mine is an exception?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

lost a oil 4 bearing test page ,but amsoil came out on top better than even royal purple castrol was in the middle last came mobil 1.
car came with a oil change,will try amsoil next as its has a metal treatment I was looking for to prelong engine life,
here a great price, me too I have no problem with oil lost at all,what I could add,is the hhc runs rich as cold,you can smell it at the tail pipe,(fast heating up) it change to a very lean burn mixture in a few minutes ,very clean,
being that its a very low tolerance motor,and honda stress warming it up for a long time,low resistance pistons rings ew /valve guides can expand etc,
I try always making it a habit of idling for about 2 minutes cold and 25 seconds after a 10 + minute parked, just to make sure I dont put a load on without oil circulating , https://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motor-oil-engine-oil

Last edited by aqua; 08-10-2010 at 01:37 PM.