HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Shields on underbody of HCH I

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast
Location: Small valley in mountains within the Shenandoah Valley
Default Shields on underbody of HCH I

In the forums, I have found pictures of the HCH II underbody, but none of the HCH I. Besides the two plastic shields under the engine, are there supposed to be any other shields under a 2004 Civic Hybrid? Been searching here and on the Web but cannot come up with any information.
The reason I ask is that the other day as I was driving down the highway, the car in front of me hit a peeled tire tread, popped it up and it landed right in front of me. I ran it over unavoidably. (I was lucky it hit the ground right in front of me and didn't land on the hood or windshield.) Since then, it seems I hear more gravel noise under the car on the back roads, etc. When I look under, I cannot see that there is supposed to be anything else there but I can see the orange wire running back, etc. Wondering if that is supposed to be covered.