Old 06-28-2018, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Civic Hybrid grunts, groans, and struggles onto the freeway

see

Another mod runs the fan faster.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nope. That's only for 2000-2006 Honda Insight. Nothing in common with HCH2.

You'd have to figure it all out for yourself while destroying your battery faster.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast

Well I've looked at my options... where I'm at in SW Ohio, looks like costs will be lower with GreenTec (Bumblebee doesn't have a local installer, GreenTec has mobile). GreenTec wants $450 for a mobile installation. I figure I could start with a new pack, and if the pack starts deteriorating then just buy new cells + grid charge to keep it topped off. But I definitely want to start with a new pack because I figure time has killed this one. What I want is performance like the numbers you posted when you had a HCH 2. How do I get those?

Old 06-28-2018, 11:40 AM

FWIW, I can do a pack install in 25 minutes, so $450 for a mobile installation sounds high. A first timer should be able to do it in under an hour.

I have knowledge of how Bumblebee tests INDIVIDUAL CELLS on every new stick they receive and conduct matching down to the cell level, so I'm very biased. Greentec may do it just as well, but I don't have that information/confidence. If I ever find myself in a position to buy another Honda pack, I would buy one from Bumblebee.

Hills will impact your mileage, but simple conservative "combined" driving should get you 38-42mpg.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast

Well they also ship the pack back. I figure shipping the pack back is something of a hassle -- the electronics are worthwhile even if the cells must be destroyed/recycled to be made use of --, and I know neither company pays for the cost of the shipping.

I really don't want to waste anymore time. Bought this car for rideshare and I've got like 5 years to make money with it before it gets disqualified for being 15 years old. My plan for finishing my education, frankly.

Last edited by Anthony Caudill; 06-29-2018 at 01:24 PM. Reason: retracted
Old 06-28-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Anthony Caudill
Well they also ship the pack back. I figure shipping the pack back is something of a hassle -- the electronics are worthwhile even if the cells must be destroyed/recycled to be made use of --, and I know neither company pays for the cost of the shipping.

I really don't want to waste anymore time. Bought this car for rideshare and I've got like 5 years to make money with it before it gets disqualified for being 15 years old. My plan for finishing my education, frankly.

Also the Bumblebee guy comes off a tad aggressive... I can't rule out that he'd support causes that I don't want to see prevail with his wealth. GreenTec seems more benign on that point (unless you have info to the contrary). I hate to think that divisively but circumstances are serious.
IIRC, shipping is as hard as putting it in the box, taping it up, putting the label on it and calling Fedex or dropping it off.

The comment, "I can't rule out that he'd support causes that I don't want to see prevail with his wealth" makes absolutely no sense to me, and it's almost comical in its irrelevance to this situation. Why would you say something as nonsensical as that without elaboration if you consider it relevant?

I'm 100% certain that you'd support causes with your wealth that I don't want to see prevail, and I'm 100% certain I support causes with my wealth that you don't want to see prevail. Even so, I likely burned a notable amount of time providing you guidance. Since that criterion is what drives your purchasing decisions, I shall now apply it in the same manner and choose to expend my resources elsewhere.

Good luck.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:50 PM

Umm... when you post, subscribers of the thread receive notifications, so I did get the pleasure of your message before it was deleted.

That says way more about you and YOUR biases when it comes to how you judge other people than it does him. I can tell you with 100% certainty that your assumption is completely and totally wrong and literally the opposite of who he is.

I suggest you work on your prejudices. They aren't working for you. Your intuition/perception leaves a lot to be desired. I find both of these conditions deeply concerning given your field of study. It's analogous to a college educated auto mechanic that thinks nuts should be removed with hammers.

Good luck (sounds like you really need it).

Old 06-28-2018, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast

[deleted]

Last edited by Anthony Caudill; 06-29-2018 at 01:23 PM. Reason: retracted
Old 06-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Eli
Banned

Wow. I don't think I've ever been so offended by a complete stranger in my entire life.

If you want to get to know me, here I am. Suggest you read your PM before you continue embarrassing yourself.

Because nothing you say is true. I understand things are polarized, but this is a little ridiculous.