HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone seen a 2010 Civic Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone seen a 2010 Civic Hybrid?

Sounds to me like the only thing physically separating '09 and '10 models is serial numbers, and date stamps on the plastic bits. I was into our dealership one week on, to pick up a back-ordered part. The white '09 Civic Hybrid was still sitting there...

Hmm, at least our snow tires would fit it, would have to get another block heater though.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM

Hi Mendel;
Don't even consider it as they will want to give you $11,000 for your old HCH2 as they are not selling well. Better off selling your 2006 private. I understand they are giving good deals without trades. I looked at a white one with the dark blue interior , but they only wanted to give me 11 for my 2006 with 50,000 kilometers on it. Needles to say the dark blue interior is not in my garage.I think I will wait and put leather in it when the time comes. I really don't like the camel interior but that is all white came with , as you know.
cheers;
Hal

Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 AM

Hi Harold,

Your numbers sound realistic, doubly so because of our recent T-bone. $11000 does not sound far-off for what you could get in trade for a non-hybrid civic in comparable level, ie: alarm, color-matched handles/mirrors, mags, etcetera. Depressing.

The white civic 09 hybrid at our dealership has tan interior. Was the white with blue interior you saw in the States?? The tan interior "grows" on you, but black all season (rubber) mats are virtually a necessity. I don't think that tan interior is very popular, but who knows, there's no accounting for taste

Anyway, just for giggles I emailed our salesman for a quote, but let him know up-front I'm not really hot, that I didn't think the numbers would make it worthwhile.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:19 PM

Hi Mendel;
That was at College Honda in Victoria , Taffeta and blue interior.
Cheers,
Hal

Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Honda Canada shows tan interior with "Taffeta White" (fancy description for non-metallic white) and blue interior for "Spectrum White Pearl" (Honda-speak for fine textured metallic off-white, I assume). Hmm, I see every exterior colour, with exception of Tafetta White, has the deep blue interior.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:40 PM

The salesman may have been confused. It looked Tafetta to me?

Old 03-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Did it look Non-metallic? Tafetta's the only solid paint colour in their current Civic lineup, at least in Canada, ie: no metal flake and clear coat over. I'm partial to solid colour both because I like white and because it's easier to touch up.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:55 AM

Yes it did look non-metallic? And it looked the same as my 06. I suppose it is possible they are bring them in from the US? Hal

Old 03-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Witch w/ sense of humor

How can you tell the difference between a 2009 and 2010?

I think I read that Honda has sold only 250 HCHs this year so far. Methinks they need to figure out how to make the car compete with the Prius.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:17 AM

@Harold:

I'm thinking also that it might have been a US model. I think stock US do not have front mud flaps, also no heated side mirrors. OTOH, it might have all the underbody panels.

@Indigo:

This no-show makes me uneasy: are they just leaving the HCHII model to die a slow death.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen a 2010 Civic Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands