HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Battery starting to go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Mugen Whore
Default Re: Battery starting to go?

I've gotten 4-5 recals/day for the past 65,000 miles now since I hit the 130k mark. Getting 47mpg without hypermiling. Battery seems to work fine for me still despite the annoying recals.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Add my name to the list of failing batteries. The past year i noticed my MPGs down into the mid-40s. My normal was in the 50-55 range

The last 6 months, ive noticed more often re-cals. The past month it has been happening every day during the drive to work or from work.

IMA light came on last month, P0A7F is the error code. I have a OBD reader
I reset it and got scolded by honda tech to not reset it.
It came on again this weekend, going in to the dealer again. What can their diagnostics further tell me that I do not already know?? I dont want to get charged 80 bucks to check the code on their reader.

Any one else have luck with good-will? Im at 85K miles now and out of warranty

Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

I had to go back and forth with the dealer several times, and they had to do a bunch of tests as well as me providing video evidence of the frequency, but they dealt with Honda and were able to warranty my IMA battery. Obviously the recals have stopped. Not sure what to tell you out of warranty, I feel for you.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Andy, how is your car behaving post battery replacement in mileage and overall driveability? Is it back to what it felt like when new or is still different based on the latest firmware?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast

It's a bit different I think, I don't have anything scientific to back that up. However I do manage about 49-50 mpg most tanks, non-highway driving, mostly flat roads. (highway I'm low-mid 40s). I would guess I'm down a few mpg, but the mpg I'm getting is still quite good. I was more concerned about the lack of electric assist and that was my position with Honda.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, that's exactly the position I am taking with them. Anything else that involves mileage gets automatic reponse- it's under class action suit, we can't help you

Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Did they give you X number of years/X number of miles warranty on the replacement battery?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast

You know I forgot to ask what the warranty on the replacement IMA is, if it's a fresh 8 / 80 or not. I'll find out and post when I know.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, all these reports of people finally succeeding in getting battery replaced are looking good. I am going to see if I get better results with different dealers around here.
Andy, when you went in asking for that, was your IMA light on or was it just lots of recals?

Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Enthusiast

No light. I had read, I think on this forum, that the light doesn't need to be on for them to warranty a bad IMA. It was a process, be prepared, they did a ton of testing under various circumstances, but in the end turns out the IMA was indeed bad.

Quick Reply: Battery starting to go?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands