HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Customizing Tips Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Customizing Tips Anyone?

I know that taste and appearance is subjective. I'm not into fuzzy dice or dingleballs on the headliner but I am curious about any customize parts out now (or planned) for the '06 HCH? Wheels, lamp covers (or housings), or other items that personalize the car for folks. Anyone know of any out there? Thanks - B

Old 10-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Customizing Tips Anyone?

Well anything that is available for the Honda Civic sedan is usually available for the Hybrid. But, if you want the body kit from Honda you can get it in the white, galaxy grey, and silver. If you have the green and magnetic pearl you are out of luck.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanx for the info. But as Murphy's law has it - I have the Mag Pearl. I was hoping to find some lighting items out there for the heads/tails (maybe the mirror turns) but maybe it's too soon for those? I was even tempted to buy a used light from eBay and see what options might exist to adding halo's or whatever. Wheels/tires are simple but I know it could effect FE. I just did some window tint and that adds a nicer look (cooler in summer too). L8R

Old 10-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Solar panels.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Hybrid Nutbar

The one thing I want to customize...the horn.

I'm thinking I should go get an air compressor and a semi's air horn and find some secret place to mount it. I'm tired of honking the horn and it sounding like, 'excuse me please sir, I'm sorry to bother you, but if you don't mind would you please not try to cut me off next time, by the way I like your hummer.' No, I want a horn that says, 'the car may be small, but the driver has a mental imbalence and a penchent for violence.' Even though the former is not true, it would be funny to see the faces of people when you blow that semi horn. But alas, I'm sure that would ruin the FE. Oh well, a guy can dream can't he?

Old 10-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think that horn is pretty weak, too. If it was just a dual-note horn, it wouldn't be so bad.

Last week we heard a train horn in an area where we knew there were no train tracks. Turns out it was a semi truck! If he can do it, so can you!

Old 10-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

www.hornblasters.com

Old 10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

HEBEL has a decent horn that is a swap on the OEM. Minor mounting changes but no relay issues or worse - air tank and trumpet installations. The STEBEL site has a fairly wide selection and I got a dual unit (Stebel TM80/2 Magnum Twin Horns) which I got from hornsplusauto.com for $19 + $7 S&H. You can check the sound at the Stebel site: http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index.htm for sound bytes and comparisons. The sound of the magnum is not a deep train/truck sound (too bad) but also not a high "frenchy" sound. Check it out and see for yourself.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

Here is my some-what customized HCH II

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2481187/1

Old 10-14-2006, 08:55 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

Originally Posted by meerkat
HEBEL has a decent horn that is a swap on the OEM. Minor mounting changes but no relay issues or worse - air tank and trumpet installations. The STEBEL site has a fairly wide selection and I got a dual unit (Stebel TM80/2 Magnum Twin Horns) which I got from hornsplusauto.com for $19 + $7 S&H. You can check the sound at the Stebel site: http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index.htm for sound bytes and comparisons. The sound of the magnum is not a deep train/truck sound (too bad) but also not a high "frenchy" sound. Check it out and see for yourself.
can you post some pix of the new horns installed? are they much louder than stock? can you describe the installation?

Quick Reply: Customizing Tips Anyone?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands