HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

DVD Navigation is broken?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: DVD Navigation is broken?

Originally Posted by nark
hehe, that sounds hard to believe. It seems like you know what you are talking about all the time. I will check out the dealer this sat.
please dont feed the ego...its already overweight

Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

woops, I guess I didnt update this thread with my results. I took it to the dealer and they advised a dvd replacement because the one in my unit was scratched on the outside. Ok, great. I get the DVD replacement. Now driving to a friends place during rush hour and the fact that I was late didnt help things, the NAV spazs out. Gets the same error. That was on Friday. Now the same thing happened yesterday while going to visit other friends. Turns out the nav disc is scratched AGAIN!!!! So back to the dealer it goes. Thankfully, I need to get an oil change anyways so I will be taking it in Monday.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast

So I haven't received my new 08 HCHII yet and are you saying that the nav is done off of DVD and not HD or prom? That seems a bit old school doesn't it?

What is the reason for that?

HBJ

Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hybrid Bob J
So I haven't received my new 08 HCHII yet and are you saying that the nav is done off of DVD and not HD or prom? That seems a bit old school doesn't it?

What is the reason for that?

HBJ

yup, the navigation is DVD based. A lot of cars use that for their nav, such as the prius. I guess the reason is that they can update a few points on the map and charge $300+ for a new version of the disc. But its also causing me a headache because I have to waste half a day at a time so they can "check" what the issue is, essentially leaving me car-less for that half a day. Arent dealers supposed to rent out cars for warranty work?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Who uses HD or prom? Are you thinking of a TomTom?

Last edited by nsxrox; 08-12-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nsxrox
Who uses HD or prom? Are you thinking of a TomTom?
I was thinking of the same type of implementation...like a TomTom/Garmin/Magellan...these seem to work well and you wouldn't have this DVD going bad issue. As long as there was a connector to do updates to...this would be a better solution and faster re-calculations too!

Here is another question...if the DVD is in for navigation...can you use the player for CD's or is it one or the other?

HBJ

Old 08-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here is another question...if the DVD is in for navigation...can you use the player for CD's or is it one or the other?

HBJ
There's two slots, one for CDs, and one for the Nav DVD.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Enthusiast

NSXROX,

Thanks for that info...I am getting close to delivery...the sales rep said it was coming in the week of 8/18 - 8/22 and it is also the Magenetic Pearl w/nav version like yours!

What kind of warranty is on the nav DVD if any?

HBJ

Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

should be 3 yr/36,000 miles.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Hybrid Owner

Someone posted earlier about a mounting problem on the navigation system that allows the disc to contact an inner surface and ruin the disc. Might be worth digging around to find that thread. The guy was a Honda tech too.

Quick Reply: DVD Navigation is broken?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands