HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Fuel Economy (Recall) Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Fuel Economy (Recall) Update

When I took my car to the dealership recently to get some recall work done, there was an addional recall item listed on the invoice that was not described in the recall notice that I received from Honda. The item in question is "K48 Fuel Economy Update". Does anyone know what this update entails? (ex. software update to the trip meter guage?, replaced part/sensor that actually increases fuel economy?). Thanks.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fuel Economy (Recall) Update

I was able to determine the answer of my own question by getting a copy of the Honda Service Bulletin. The Product Update is dated Mar 31, 2006 and the description reads "gauge control module displays wrong averge fuel mileage" which sounds like the 62mile/100km bug to me.

However, the bulletin also says that all owners of affected vehicles should be sent a notification, which I never was (I just found out about it when I took my car in to get the "DC to DC output cable cover" recall fix done). I suppose it's possible that they fixed the 62mile/100km bug on my car, but it didn't need fixing. Even though my VIN falls within the range of affected cars, only 133 of the 300 cars within that range are truly affected. The dealership should have verifed whether or not my car was one of the 133, but based on the amount of errors I've seen them make, it's a good possibility that they didn't make that verification.

As I mentioned above, I have copy of (what I believe to be) the "62mile/100km bug" service bulletin, as well as the "DC to DC output cable cover" service bulletin. So, if anyone has questions about the repair procedures, feel free to ask.

Last edited by MrBond; 04-29-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

How long did it take to have this recall work done? I'm taking mine in next week. Thanks, H

Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
How long did it take to have this recall work done? I'm taking mine in next week. Thanks, H
I'm not really sure how long the maintenance takes since I dropped the car off in the morning and picked it up after work. It actually had to drop it off on three seperate days due to various mistakes, omissions and incompetence, courtesy of the dealership. (ex. not ordering all the necessary parts, neglecting to complete all the tasks listed on the invoice)

Old 05-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sounds like parts and service are not working as a team. Hope you let someone know what kind of service you got. H

Old 05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Sounds like parts and service are not working as a team. Hope you let someone know what kind of service you got. H
They were aware of the quality of "service" they provided. Unfortunatley for me they are the only Honda dealership in town, so I don't really have an option to take my car anywhere else (for recall work, at least).