HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Is greenhybrid near death?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Banned
Default Re: Is greenhybrid near death?

Originally Posted by Harold
But you can find them elsewhere! Or maybe the bad mouthed ones will now return? H
Back in early 2006 the activity here was ballpark with PriusChat (i.e. robust as in at least 10x the activity than the present). Even before Jason sold the site, he was eschewing "fringe hypermilers" as an impediment to growth. This intensified later on when a recent moderator muzzled hypermilers by liberally accessing infraction points...this is why after losing a discussion with msantos at PC, he took the discussion to GH...at least eight PMs in support of msantos in the face of this bullying. His attack of Wayne sounded a lot more like an autobiography of his agenda the last three years at GH - not Wayne. Somehow, his siege of hypermilers (including members that may have been shopping for hybrids), and earlier dissing the Honda IMA system as not a real hybrid was forum-building, but escapes me as to how. That Manuel had a pleasant talk with him during HybridFest 2008, makes his attack thread on him all the more deplorable. Strange priorities - spam can sit here for hours. Another interesting thought: Wayne was the most active poster with quite a few hypermilers at GHs peak.

I had built many polls and linked many articles in 2004-05 until along with others, I was unwelcome, so we went elsewhere to a site that just exceeded GH in total posts. You be the judge if purging hypermilers benefited GH.

I'm a member of about five green forums and this is the ONLY one I was treated like a pariah - strange for a site named GreenHybrid...this would be more typical of a racing forum, but this is the most hostile site towards hypermilers on the net. No, I don't expect everybody to hypermile or eco-drive, it's safer to promote speeding here....I was stalked by a HiHi member that can't even get up to the new EPA.

In the two years of hypermiling articles, it's obvious that what follows in the reader's comments, writers, and sadly at GH is not a discussion, but ventings by defensive speeders...the basher often hardly knows what it is and rarely proficient at it. I have rarely seen such defensive actions....how often do people scream like that when they are right?

The recent GH staff with the exception of Eric is unfriendly to hostile towards me and other hypermilers. Check out this sig - how does that look on GH with a sig like that standing for months? BTW, when Jason was promoting his new site at PriusChat, I pointed out the sig and ignored it while responding "mistakes were made"....an apology and simple gesture like changing the sig when he had the authority would have enhanced his credibility....maybe he wanted to assure everybody little would change at his new site.

Even though I am the most hated by many here, what probably enrages them now is I've been very quiet while they have made it a hypermiler-free forum and this is the result. They got their wish.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 04-28-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just when I thought this forum was beginning to be worth while to read again.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Site Founder

Re: Delta

Some of the points you mentioned above are accurate, and I've expressed regret to you and others. However, some of your other points are sadly misleading and insulting. If you, or anyone else, would like to discuss these matters privately, I would be happy to do so. I no longer own GreenHybrid and it would not be appropriate for us to carry this on here.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

History and personalities aside, the 'bones' are here to have this be an excellent site. History is history, and probably should be left as... history. The question is how to get from Point A to Point B. I don't have a clue as to who owns or runs greenhybrid, except for a thoughtful note on an unrelated matter from user 'ericbecky.' But, I'm certain that the owners would want success and growth – I hope it wouldn't sound too idealistic to say that if we had some constructive conversations, NOT based on whatever happened in the past, but on what we want to create – there MIGHT be an opening for something good to happen. I started this thread ONLY because I noticed the stagnancy in the pages and lack of participation from the old days. I had no idea what lay underneath. But I do know that any 'post-game' analysis will NOT lead us to any desirable future. Is there anything in the management or its motives that inherently keeps this site stuck? Let's put all the cards on the table, and then get to work. I loved this place, and would like to see it flourish again with healthy thought, not animosity and resentment. I'm just a guy with a new car who wants to have fun and talk about my new car with similar people. My friend Melinda taught me, "Don't fix the bad, just add more good."

Old 04-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned

I agree - some fence-fixing needed to be conducted privately some time ago.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

huh, the battle of the high posters with loads of hurt feelings on the tow.

maybe GH is sick beyond recovery after all. time to look for another forum....

ks

Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributor ($)

stevenvillatoro,
You said a mouthful right there.
Good to hear that there are people out there with positive attitudes.

Right now there are two moderators still officially listed, myself and Pravus Prime. Technically I'm an admin, but overall things like the database, front page articles, and garage are out of my "jurisdiction". :-) Those items are in Internet Brands realm.

The site is "owned" by Internet Brands, but of course it is the community that really makes or breaks the site.