HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Had IMA, Check Engine, Battery Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 08:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Had IMA, Check Engine, Battery Light Issue

Originally Posted by 2007Civic4Me
I have an early build 2007 (October) HCH II. About a week ago, I had the IMA, Check Engine, Battery Light issue which has been discussed in other threads. I went to the dealership and they diagnosed the problem within an hour stating that the rotor sensor needed to be replaced. They told me that they would try a software update first to see if that would fix the problem. Apparently, that did not work because the software was already up to date.

A couple days later, I got my car back from the dealership and so far there seems to be no mechanical/electrical problems but I have noticed the following:
1) There is a low volume high pitch whirring sound whenever I accelerate
2) My FE seems to have taken a 3-5 mpg hit where the IMA does not seem to kick in as readily and therefore the ICE has to work harder

Has anyone else with this problem experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance.
Mine had same problem, whirring if from worn bearing of ac compressor, had it replaced and symptoms disappeared.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Had IMA, Check Engine, Battery Light Issue

Originally Posted by Mokche
Mine had same problem, whirring if from worn bearing of ac compressor, had it replaced and symptoms disappeared.
Thank you SO MUCH for replying to a TWELVE YEAR OLD THREAD with likely bad information.