HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Getting better FE!
Default Re: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Originally Posted by 50Plus
15,000 miles, 11 months of ownership. One rattle in driver side by seat belt fixed at 9,000 oil change; few other minor rattles now all gone.
I just developed the rattle in the driver side by the seat belt (appears to be at ear level). Very annoying.

How did you fix it?

Old 10-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slackandsteel
I just developed the rattle in the driver side by the seat belt (appears to be at ear level). Very annoying.

How did you fix it?
I told the dealer about it when I went in for the first oil change. They injected foam into the retractor mechanism (I guess that's the word for it) of the seat belt. That did the job. The passenger side started the same rattle soon thereafter, but it disappeared within weeks.

Yes, it was very annoying.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Enthusiast

I have that annoying vibration noise when the stereo is turned up to a moderate level. Sounds like the speaker is blown out but it is not. I've had the speaker replaced and still the same problem. I think the door is vibrating against the dash panel or something. Very annoying and makes me question the craftsmanship of this car.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by Beserker
I have that annoying vibration noise when the stereo is turned up to a moderate level. Sounds like the speaker is blown out but it is not. I've had the speaker replaced and still the same problem. I think the door is vibrating against the dash panel or something. Very annoying and makes me question the craftsmanship of this car.
A few quick questions...

What does the dealership say about it?
Have they attempted to resolve it?
Did you try an alternate dealership?
Have you had any aftermarket equipment installations on your vehicle?

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 12-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Enthusiast

The dealership says it is normal for this car.
They tried replacing the speaker. I actually went in 3 times already!!! Pissed me off. I think the other 2 times they did nothing.
I did not try an alternate dealership. Didn't know I could do that.
No, the car is brand new and I did not put in any after market parts.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I guess I have lower expectations. Mine will buzz a bit with a bassy song and higher volumes. I just turn the volume down a tad. This car still sounds better than my SUV and many other cars / trucks I've been in.

I guess you could try using some foam or something to keep the likely culprits (trim panels, clips, etc.) from buzzing.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

during our cold snap (down to minus 40 with the windchill- which ironically is -40 for both Canada and US), I had a small plastic flap that was hanging from the underside of the engine (looked to be an access panel- maybe to the oil filter). Well, I drove for awhile and it has not dissapeared (broke right off). Besides that, I had a fluid burp during the first 2 weeks of owning the car in August and couldn't find the source (looked like a very light oil on the road- coming from the driver side bumper area).
I have yet to go for my first oil change so I guess I will find out soon what the issue was.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by Beserker
The dealership says it is normal for this car.
They tried replacing the speaker. I actually went in 3 times already!!! Pissed me off. I think the other 2 times they did nothing.
I did not try an alternate dealership. Didn't know I could do that.
No, the car is brand new and I did not put in any after market parts.
Yes, you can (and should !!) try a different dealership. It is pretty normal for a first year model to exhibit a few material, design or assembly issues.

Fortunately were talking Honda, which ranks among the very best for initial quality. The only "fly in the ointment" for consumers is the great variability between dealerships and the quality of service they offer. With this in mind, I would recommend you setup an appointment with a better (more accommodating) dealership... and who knows, maybe they'll fix the issue the right way, instead of demonstrating incompetence.

Sadly, this is also a problem that Toyota owners experience as well. The cars are great but some of dealers are just not worth it.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 02-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

My driver’s seat adjustment bar (the horizontal bar that you reach between your legs to adjust forward or backwards) broke off a track (was attached to two tracks, now just one). Now I can’t adjust the seat forwards or backwards—but it’s better than surprisingly and dangerously sliding forward... I took it in for the dealer this morning and they have to order the part, which will take 3-5 business days to arrive.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Hybrid True Believer

It's not exactly "breakage", but the A-pillar on the passenger side now has an annoying rattle.

Quick Reply: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands