HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Hybrid-Hugger
Default Re: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Originally Posted by Kephra
I just discovered that the door seal on the drivers door is loose on my 06HCH. It appears that there was never any glue applied along the top. As soon as I can, I am going to take it to the dealer.

Ahh, if you pull it off, you will notice that it is not glued at all- it uses compression- just squeeze together the area that is loose and push it back on. I had the same issue until they showed me what to do (they have metal inside that "clamps" onto the body).

Old 07-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

20,000 miles in less than 5 months, nothing so far (and not for lack of heavy use)

Old 07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JavaJ
Ahh, if you pull it off, you will notice that it is not glued at all- it uses compression- just squeeze together the area that is loose and push it back on. I had the same issue until they showed me what to do (they have metal inside that "clamps" onto the body).
Cool! I tried it and you are right. It was extremely easy to fix myself, and you saved me a trip to the dealer. Thanks so much!!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by Beserker
I have that annoying vibration noise when the stereo is turned up to a moderate level. Sounds like the speaker is blown out but it is not. I've had the speaker replaced and still the same problem. I think the door is vibrating against the dash panel or something. Very annoying and makes me question the craftsmanship of this car.
Beserker, thanks for sharing this. I am in no way an audiophile, but noticed the same thing shortly after taking delivery of mine. I posted some notes here before on the topic(See: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=5871) but appears most people only had problems with AM, and no real issues with the sound quality.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast

Eight months and 27,000 miles in my only "issue" has been the driver's side window problem.

The only other thing I notice, especially driving with the windows open more and the A/C on less, is that water (be it rain or windshield wiper fluid) really, really, likes to drip down onto the door panel. A limited spray to clean the windshield has me reaching for a cloth to dry off the door panel. Has anyone else found the same thing?

Again, I probably would not notice it but I've been so engrossed in FE that I have only had the AC on maybe twice. Since the warmer weather has arrived, I'm on a streak of mid-50's mpg tanks and have found that it takes a lot of heat for me to turn on the A/C. Then again, I'm in New England, not the south, so hot is purely relative.

Love the car.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

The drip -- yes. It's not anything broken, there's just no effective rain gutter on that slick skin, and any water on the roof can roll right off the side and straight down in through the window opening.

cheers --
doug

Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Energy Independence

Ditto the drip

Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Enthusiast

2200 miles - driver's side power window comes of track; will not close. Mileage averaging 46 mpg.