HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Hidden Features

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

Don't know if it is true because the saleman told me it and I don't know if a salesman can tell the truth about anything, but anyway... He said that the airbags will operate for up to 10 minutes after the car is turned off. He said in most cars, the airbags do not work after the ingition is shut off.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
My Tribute is like that, too. As long as you roll them up (or down) BEFORE a door is opened. It lasts for 5 or 10 minutes. Sunroof, too.
I know I had that feature on my 1992 Accord Coupe (maybe 1990 Sedan as well) and also my 1995 Acura, 2003 Acura etc...old Honda feature...

Old 06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ppgroup
Don't know if it is true because the saleman told me it and I don't know if a salesman can tell the truth about anything, but anyway... He said that the airbags will operate for up to 10 minutes after the car is turned off. He said in most cars, the airbags do not work after the ingition is shut off.
Sorry for the long winded reply. You could say I'm an airbag !!

Ahhh, another great salesperson creation! Yes, the system will operate if the ignition is cut off... but it operates this way in all systems (at least all I'm aware of). The purpose is for multiple collisions. Say, for example, you're hit on the side and it disables the engine. The front airbag will most likely not deploy on a side collision. Perhaps your car keeps rolling, and then impacts a wall head-on. The bag will deploy on this secondary collision. This is because the airbag controller stores the needed voltage (I believe it's a 36 volt charge) for use in subsequent collisions... so even if the battery (regular 12v) is disabled in the initial crash, the bags can still deploy.

I don't know about 10 minutes, though. Not too likely you'd be in your car for ten minutes with the ignition off and get into a crash! The only possible scenario I could think of would be if you were parked and someone crashed into you. In that case, I still don't know if the bags would deploy.

Airbags are designed to go off ONLY if very specific criteria are met. Airbags are dangerous, so they only want them to deploy if the risk of injury from the bag deployment is worth it (vs. the impact from the crash itself). Bags will typically only deploy if the impact speed is 12 mph or greater, the impact is within a certain number of degrees off the centerline (front won't deploy in a side collision). There are multiple "g" sensors (usually three) which must ALL indicate a crash of sufficient force before the controller deploys the bag. All systems I know of also use gold plated connectors to ensure a good connection. Now you know the facts!

Old 06-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Kenny,

True about the windows good sir, but ONLY if you maintain the door closed. Once you open it, it won't roll up or down anymore. And if you try to just shut the door and finish, NOPE, won't let you. You have to stick the key BACK into the ignition to turn power back into the windows. Sucks I know....

Old 06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Enthusiast

Probably covered elsewhere but if you have your HVAC Mode set to blow air to the windshield even with AC OFF, the AutoStop feature does not work and it seems the charge doesn't seem to work either...

Old 06-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Proud owner HCHII

You can only remove the ignition key in P not N

Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

If you honk the horn three times followed by a quick tap of the a/c button and then hold down the radio power button for 10 seconds, it activates the passenger ejection seat.

Seriously.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shoebox303
If you honk the horn three times followed by a quick tap of the a/c button and then hold down the radio power button for 10 seconds, it activates the passenger ejection seat.

Seriously.

Ah-so that's how you get the secret factory-installed sunroof to open!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast

Salesman told me that if I hold the unlock button down for 5 seconds the windows will go down. He said it is a great feature for aproaching the vehicle on a hot day. I can't make it work though. Can you do this?

Old 06-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mummydust
Salesman told me that if I hold the unlock button down for 5 seconds the windows will go down. He said it is a great feature for aproaching the vehicle on a hot day. I can't make it work though. Can you do this?
I was wondering this just yesterday. My Odyssey has this capability and it is described in its owner's manual. However, I could not find it in my Civic Hybrid owner's manual and I could not get it to work. I'm guessing that is not available on the 2006 Civic Hybrid.

Quick Reply: HCH-II Hidden Features

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands