HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCHII likes to eat snow!!! (under body splash shield)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCHII likes to eat snow!!! (under body splash shield)

Here is a photo that has been in the Photo section for a while. The front of the car is on the right and you can see how all three major sections overlap the next section back. The front shield (for the oil change) is actually hinged toward the back so you only have to remove the front clips and it hinges down but the rear stays attached to the car. This is handy as I think some of the clips/screws are not the same size/shape. The middle section covers the most orange wire. You can just see the orange wires near the upper-left wheel here (which is the right rear in real life) just as the dive up and into the rear seatback area.

You can also see lots of drain holes in the plastic shields though and if enough snow gets packed up and into these holes then maybe it forces itself through the holes and has to exit and ends up ripping out the plastic retainers. Nice to know they are fixing it though.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks for posting. So there are 4 peices correct? the driver side, passenger side, center and front correct? does the passenger side include the peice that is the rear center peice? or is that a seperate peice?

Old 12-04-2006, 02:28 PM

I've tried Shaumburg Honda and other than the time they refused to check my EGR valve which needed replacing they have been okay.

They made points in my book when they flushed my tranny for free when I was getting noise from the transmission.

Stay away from Ohare honda. I don't think I would trust them. I wasn't happy with them and I'm not sure they did work they said they did when I took it in for a tranny fluid change.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast

HI
Ilive in Mchenry just north of chicago that was my 1st time driving my HCHII in snow. The car handles decent and I think with all the practice of using the throttle sparingly has made me better at accelerating and controlling a car under slippery conditions. I took about a 10mpg hit that day. I had a good one this morning I started my job early 3am not used to driving with no traffic. I was concetrating on my mpg not my speed turns out I was doing 55 in a 40 zone a police officer was kind enough to let me know. He let me off with a warning.