HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

The love of my HCHII has faded!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: The love of my HCHII has faded!

Well you have every reason to feel the way you do, I just passed 18K miles in my 2010 and averaging 43mpg, join the class action and maybe Honda will finally fix it and hopefully redesign the battery with Lithium.

Has anyone noticed that with VSA off from a dead start the car accelerates much smoother and linear and quicker, noticeable difference IMO.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: The love of my HCHII has faded!

Originally Posted by condor63
[I]Well you have every reason to feel the way you do, I just passed 18K miles in my 2010 and averaging 43mpg, join the class action and maybe Honda will finally fix it and hopefully redesign the battery with Lithium.
Richard, I don't mean to be argumentative, but since you're achieving 43 MPG and have expressed no other issue... what's your complaint that would warrant participation in a lawsuit? By the way, the 2012 Civic Hybrid does use a lithium-ion battery.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Richard, I don't mean to be argumentative, but since you're achieving 43 MPG and have expressed no other issue... what's your complaint that would warrant participation in a lawsuit? By the way, the 2012 Civic Hybrid does use a lithium-ion battery.
Steve I was suggesting the lawsuit to baludwiguwm, I'm satisfied with my HCH and have no complaints other than the seats being a bit hard on long trips but that doesn't warrant a lawsuit participation lol.

For some the update is not working and definitely the update is to demanding to alter ones initial driving style to accommodate the new vehicle profile. So i don't blame the few to sue for this inconvenience and maybe instead of a new update, Honda will just replace the batteries with Lithium like the 2012's.

Last edited by condor63; 06-10-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

Well Steve, I'm not sure I know what you mean about my comment. about checking out the website. I am so unhappy with my car and really don't know what to do. I saw the thread on this website today and the post about the class action suit but the firm didn't seem good to me. I posted the link to Steve Berk hoping others would check it out and give feedback too. I get a much better feeling about them and I have made an initial contact to their office but haven't heard back from them yet. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who knows of that firm or has a take on the post. I am not connected to them in any way except as I stated above.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: The love of my HCHII has faded!

Originally Posted by joycehope
Well Steve, I'm not sure I know what you mean about my comment. about checking out the website. I am so unhappy with my car and really don't know what to do. I saw the thread on this website today and the post about the class action suit but the firm didn't seem good to me. I posted the link to Steve Berk hoping others would check it out and give feedback too. I get a much better feeling about them and I have made an initial contact to their office but haven't heard back from them yet. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who knows of that firm or has a take on the post. I am not connected to them in any way except as I stated above.
Joyce, if you're sincere about getting the most from your HCH (Civic Hybrid), or investigate whatever problem it may be having, this forum would be an excellent starting point. If you want some feedback from seasoned HCH drivers who have seen it all, then tell us about your car, your history with it, and what's happening that makes you unhappy. We'll do our best to help you.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Enthusiast

My situation is that I loved my 2006 Civic until I got the firmware upgrade. It used to perform well, was fun to drive and I enjoyed watching how my driving habits affected my mileage. I even took a one day course on hybrids offered by CAA. After the firmware “upgrade, my mileage went from about 43 mpg combined hwy and city to 33 mpg with decreased acceleration. I have tried dealing with Honda but they refuse to do anything. The dealer says they have gotten many, many complaints and there is nothing they can do. I feel like I paid top dollar for a car that now feels like an underpowered non-hybrid Civic. I wanted to get feedback from any of you about the link I posted: http://www.thecorporateobserver.com/...-civic-hybrid/

Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Enthusiast

look like spam to me

Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Enthusiast

Well, Steve asked me to post again if I was sincere and Stephanie accuses me of being a spammer. I'm at a loss. Thought this site might have some like minded people who were willing to give me some honest feedback. I'll try to get some help elsewhere.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joycehope
Well, Steve asked me to post again if I was sincere and Stephanie accuses me of being a spammer.
Yeah, I can see why he called you a spammer. you posted a link to a business site multiple times and that can look like good old spamming. like the other bottom feeders and ambulance chasers out there they are a business that makes its money at the expense of other people's problems. they never offer good technical advice and can't solve these problems for you.

If you had posted a link to a non-profit site where they really help hch2 owners, like the guys at cleanmpg and others do then you would not look so suspect.

ks

Old 06-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Enthusiast

The link I posted was to a lawyer's blog. I thought he gave the most articulate account of the problem and I found him via a google search. He seems more reputable than some of the other lawyers but I have no way of knowing and I wanted to see what others thought. I really don't know where else to go to get help and I don't want to join the other class action based on their past performance. If anyone else has ideas, let me know. I have contacted Honda many times, gone to the dealership (they say LOTS of people have the problem but they can't do anything) the California Air Control Board, several newspapers, Car Talk website. The dealership said it's the class action suits that get Honda's attention. I have no connection to this lawyer (yet) and am open to ideas. Maybe this isn't the best forum to get the type of help I need which is more legal at this point.

Quick Reply: The love of my HCHII has faded!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands