HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

lurching CVT

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: lurching CVT

Took my car in for dealer to checkout my lurching complaint. As I thought no problems found, fluid or other wise. Unable to duplicate problem, however the kms per 100 liters were quite high. I doubt if they simulated my stop and go situation. But at least this problem is documented and I got a quick car wash and vacuum! The service writer there did not even know about the CVT oil change(flush routine)Three fills and drains as per manual. I wonder what they do on there customer CVT oil changes???????

Old 10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Did you over fill it Mike? Loose count or something like that ,HEH HEH<grin>H
Fortunately, I still hand 3 fingers to count with. SInce I wasn't using power tools I didn't have to worry about cutting a finger off

Old 10-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by drdave00
The service writer there did not even know about the CVT oil change(flush routine)Three fills and drains as per manual. I wonder what they do on there customer CVT oil changes???????

That's why I did my own. I'd love to trust my dealer but...

Old 10-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mike, I wonder if your CVT had been over filled, some how, and this is the reason for the heat build up. Did you check it after purchase, some were along the way. Every thing I've read says you can only drain 3 qts. at a time. How did you get 6? H

Old 10-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medicmike
That's why I did my own. I'd love to trust my dealer but...
Per the Honda service manuals they I have read, transmission fluid replacement only involves a single drain and refill.

However, the manual does outline a three or four drain and refill procedure in the event of, and only in the event of the transmission being contaminated with an unapproved fluid.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:51 PM

Thanks Michael. I guess I did not read my manual with enough care, I was going to do the later, all though my oil is not contaminated. H

Old 10-28-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Harold
Mike, I wonder if your CVT had been over filled, some how, and this is the reason for the heat build up. Did you check it after purchase, some were along the way. Every thing I've read says you can only drain 3 qts. at a time. How did you get 6? H
Just to clarify, I got a total of ~6.5 qts after both flushes, so around 3 1/4 for each.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:03 PM

Got yeh! Thanks H

Old 08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

I found this old thread, and thought I would resurrect it. I just bought a 07 HCH w/NAV. As a former TCH and prius owner its taking some to get used to. The car has 24,500 miles on it. It is Honda certified. My question is about the CVT. It does not seem near as smooth as my prius. Now im not trying to compare the 2 and I don't want to get anybody going. I am having similar issues with mine. When I start from a stop it feels like it kind of lurching. Almost like something is warped. Once I get up to 25-30mph it seems to disappear. The dealer is putting new tires on it as part of our deal next week, and thought I would have the service advisor ride with me so they can verify the issue. Anyway just wanted to get the groups thoughts on this. I just checked the CVT fluid. its full and does not smell burnt if that helps.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:25 PM

Do you have the opertunity to try another HCH2 out! That will give you a indication. Mine is very smooth.H

Quick Reply: lurching CVT

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands