HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My newest HCH-II Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My newest HCH-II Mods

Nice job. I'll have to invest the money and time into something like that myself, I do miss HIDs from my past cars so I think that will be the first change to do. Although I am considering doing the Honda Bass System.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Enthusiast

Holy Moly thanks for the detailed write up! This really takes the mystery out of the front clip. Didn't realize that it's just held up by little plastic bolts! Again many thanks for the detailed instructions.

Regards

Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just installed some Hoen (link) 9005 high beam bulbs, they are OEM wattage. Install was easy, reach in on passenger side and driver side just tug on the reservoir and gain access - 10 minute job. I just hated the color of the DRL's being off yellow and this makes them pure white now.

Got the bass kit en route also and a few other things planned too.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Originally Posted by alloyz
Just installed some Hoen (link) 9005 high beam bulbs, they are OEM wattage. Install was easy, reach in on passenger side and driver side just tug on the reservoir and gain access - 10 minute job. I just hated the color of the DRL's being off yellow and this makes them pure white now.

Got the bass kit en route also and a few other things planned too.
Can you post up a picture of your car w/the DRL only on? Which Hoen bulbs did you get for the 9005?

Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Taking the front bumper cover off is easy

Originally Posted by Orient Express
The horn power line connector is just the hot line, so you will need to make a little wiring harness that has a ground line with a grommet connector for the return line. I just attached it to the bolt that holds the horn brackets on. The hot line for the horns is off a relay, and has more than enough amperage to support the 2 replacement horns. No need to wire a separate relay and power line directly to the battery.
Do you have an illustration or pics? I'd like to make this mod but have no experience with wiring etc. Is there a harness I can buy to make this easier?

Old 12-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Will do later tonight. I will put one stock bulb in again for reference and take pics. I got the 9005 xenonmatch plus. I also added their W5W license plate frame bulbs (dont have plates yet though

Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: Taking the front bumper cover off is easy

Originally Posted by sactoroy
Do you have an illustration or pics? I'd like to make this mod but have no experience with wiring etc. Is there a harness I can buy to make this easier?
It is very simple. On each horn there are 2 bayonet spade connectors a + and - connector. (they are interchangeable, so don't worry about getting them backward.

Simply unbolt and unplug the old horn, then connect a wire from the horn power line to one spade connector on each horn. That is the power to each horn. Next to complete the circuit, connect another wire to the remaining spade connector on each horn, and connect that wire(s) to the chassis (ground). I chose to use the bolt that holds the horns to the chassis as the ground. Get a eyelet connector from radio shack, and crimp the ground wires to that and then stick the bolt over it, and screw the bolt into the chassis. That is it. Anyone can make the harness, or if you are still unsure, take your car to your mechanic and have them install the horns.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

ok, here goes with this posting pics thing.

Hoen 9005 xenonmatch plus DRL's.

Shot of low beam vs. Hoen high beam to get an idea of color difference

Old 12-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: DRL photos

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Here is what the new DRLs look like and also as high-beams.
Dumb question, but I have never looked myself. Do the low beams normally stay on when the high beams are activated, or did you do a mod when you installed the HID kit?

Old 12-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default On all cars

The low-bean lights stay on when the high beams are on.

Quick Reply: My newest HCH-II Mods

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands