HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My newest HCH-II Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My newest HCH-II Mods

Can we see the beam pattern against a wall from the drivers point in darkness ?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

The stock horn definitely BLOWS... I will have to tackle this problem at some point. Is there anywhere on the Internet that we can hear samples of aftermarket horns?

Old 08-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I too would like to change my horn and would like to know what it sounds like before I buy it. I would like to get some nicer headlights.

Any suggestions about headlights/horns would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

http://www.autobarn.net/horns.html

Has sample sounds... Just not for the Hella Horn you installed.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:28 AM
HOV lane commuter

I had the Hella horn installed yesterday (following your sage "take your car to your mechanic and have them install the horns" advice).

They are ideal -- loud and attention-getting. Really helps solve the problem of being invisible to SUVs and cell-phone users on the 405. Recommended!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ah yes, how I miss my HID lights that I've had in my past 2 cars. Fog lights would definitely be a great addition. I had some PIAA fog lights installed on my Maxima and with those and my HID lights on, I could blind about anyone!

Needless to say, I am debating getting an HID kit for my HCH. I loved how the salesman at the dealership here, saw the HIDs on my old 03 HC, and acted like it was a big deal and honda couldn't certify it as a used vehicle because of it, blah blah blah. Even after I explained that it's a harness that plugs in to the existing wires, he acted like he didn't get it (moron!). The rims & swapped out tail lights is what made it so they couldn't "certify" it as they weren't Honda parts.

Who has everyone used for their HID kits?

Old 09-03-2007, 11:22 AM

I just installed those horns and they are great! I highly recommend them for someone who wants a horn that will stand out.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:40 PM

I find the horn that comes with the HCH2 gets attention! Why go to all that trouble to change a horn that works?

Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Originally Posted by Harold
I find the horn that comes with the HCH2 gets attention! Why go to all that trouble to change a horn that works?
Yeah, It says here comes a wuss; ignore, harass, or generally intimidate them. It is also the noise Droopy Dog makes, which will make people look to see if you are him!

Old 09-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Horn that works? Shirley you are joking? Driving between a semi and a Hummer I lay into the Horn and no one even notices me as they continue to make lane changes that are going to make me into a Hybrid sandwich if i don't slam on my borg regenerative cycle.

Last edited by OlympicDreams; 09-03-2007 at 07:37 PM.

Quick Reply: My newest HCH-II Mods

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands