HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Need to re-enter Navi Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Razorx
Default Need to re-enter Navi Code

Battery had died and now I need to re-enter the anti-theft activation code. The manual is less than obvious on how to enter the number. My understanding is to push the preset buttons to match the four digit code. However, one of my code digits exceeds the "1-6" listed on the presets. So how do I enter an "8"?

I would ask the Service department but got re-routed and then hung up on... So looking for ez-way out.

Jesse

Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Need to re-enter Navi Code

I thought I might have that problem someday when I was first picking up my car. I, too, didn't see anything in the manual.

If you open your glove compartment...there is a sticker on the left side--closest to the Navi. The code is on this sticker.

Good Luck!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Energy Independence

Brad,

Are you talking about a long single-line white sticker with a long code on it?
It looks like a serial number - GFB#########A, or so.
If so, I presume the last four DIGITS are the code.
And if so, none of mine are greater than 6.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

Steve,

You got me on that one. I am not sure because I haven't ever had to re-enter it. I was just passing on what I was told by the dealer during the post sale counseling. I am positive that they said that the sticker has the code on it.

Let us all know what happens. Just in case any of us need to re-enter the code someday.

Wish I could have been more help.

Brad

Old 10-31-2006, 07:18 PM
Energy Independence

Thanks, Brad.
I'm just gathering information for the future as well.
I don't need it right now. Jesse does.

BTW, did you notice how the NAVI clock "fell back" automatically this Sunday?

Old 10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Enthusiast

If I remeber correctly the code is given to you by the dealer (on a pice of paper), and it also states somewhere that if you loose it the dealer can help you get it.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Technology Junkie

You can look in your Honda service log manual for this 4-digit code. The 1st 2-digits activates the radio, the 2nd 2-digits will activate the DVD. This information should have been hand-written in by the dealer during the inspection process prior to sale of the car. Apparently this manual is also used as an inspection check-off list for new vechiles.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Gobbles; 11-01-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Razorx

Oddly enough, when I started up the car yesterday, it brought up a numbered key pad on the screen to enter in the code. I entered it, and everything works fine.

This screen did not come up before on the 5 previous times that I started the car since charging. Very strange.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Energy Independence

OK, I found my code!

When buying the car, the dealer gave me a manilla folder with some stuff in it (contract, window sticker, etc.). Included was a credit-card sized thin plastic card, called the Navi Ant-Theft Identification Card. It is white with a dark blue Honda logo in the upper right corner, with black lettering.

On the front of the card is the 4-digit Code Number (mine has digits above #6, also). Below the Code Number is the Serial Number. This serial number is the number that is also found in the glove box.

On the back of the card are these instructions:
When the unit is switched on after being disconnected from the battery, "ENTER CODE" may be displayed on the navi screen.
Enter the 4-digit navigation code using the touch screen or the joystick.
GPS initialization may be required.
Even if "ENTER CODE" is still displayed after you enter the codenumber, input the code number again.
-------------------------------------
My guess is that the GPS had not initialized, therefore you did not get the "ENTER CODE" screen right away (until it finally did get initialized).

Old 11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Razorx

I like the "may be displayed" phrase. The instructions could be made much clearer but then it probably lost something in the translation...

j