HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New 09 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New 09 Owner

Some of the Civics I see look totally wrong, like you have a huge load in the trunk. So I see all the 09's now, even non hybrid looking like their rear suspension isn't sagging which is how it should be. There is no way that a vehicle that looks like it's carrying 500 lbs is how it is designed to ride, this will cause uneven tire wear to the rears.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Flying cars for ever...

fuelmiser: hi, Dougal from Aberdeen, Scotland. Great to hear you are enjoying your hybrid. My wife and I really enjoy making this choice of car. It is reasonably comfortable but, over here atleast, the suspension is set quite firm and we feel a lot of lumps and holes in the road. Apparently, the new Insight is even firmer according to the salesman. Do you guys have softer suspension, I know it must be hard to compare of you haven't driven a UK spec car but, I have always been told the US set-up for suspension is soft compared to over here.
We had a niggle with the auto-box set-tp when we first got it. It would hesitate when we least expected it but, usually when the car demanded a steady surge of fuel for say, overtaking or moving off sharply from an opening. It could be quite alarming so we got it into the dealer and after a couple of times they finally accepted to take it in for a week and let one of their experienced mechanics drive it. He noticed after a couple of days and got a software upgrade from Japan which sorted it out pretty well. We have had a good year plus now with the car and have only now had a problem develop with the electric windows (see my post on this). I am sure our dealer will be able to put this right in no time though. I am also thinking about seeing if they might reflash the software for the auto-box as it has a slight jerk around 10 mph and then smoothes out again. If I am driving quickly it is not really noticed.
What happens with you when your car goes in for anything, like servicing? Do you get a coutesy car for the day?
I look forward to your reply. This has been an interesting thread as have most of the other threads I have read. It makes me wander though - you guys over the pond seem to do a lot of your own modifications and servicing even when the car is still in it's first year - we can't do anything like that because it will affect our warranty.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dougal,

Suspension should be the same i am unaware of any different specs for cars over there.
If I take it in for an oil change i don;t need a service car, they do it while I wait, I usually do my own oil changes but probably will do my own every other change so that this gets into the dealership for any updates. If you service your own vehicle it won't affect warranty as long as you keep a log and receipts. Courtesy car is usually provided for warranty work if it has to stay a cpl days.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Flying cars for ever...

Interesting reply. I have taken a service deal that Honda offers through dealers here called Honda Happiness. This covers the cost of servicing for five years or services, which ever comes first. The total cost including oil, filters, etc is £500. This seems very reasonable to me because our major service interval costs around £300 every two years/services. Apart from this there is no indication in the manuals we get from the dealer how to do very much to service the car. Topping up the fluids is as far as they go. Actually showing us how to change fuel filters, oil and so on is not shown. I used to do my own servicing years ago but, nowadays with the computers involved I prefer to let the dealers' mechanics do the work and if something goes wrong they can fix it.
Happy motoring.