HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New Owner with Pics (replaced rims!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Owner with Pics (replaced rims!)

Hello all. I am the proud owner of a 2007 Opal Silver Blue HCH as of early August. Since then, I have been browsing this forum for a while to learn about this great automobile. I was fortunate to test her out on a 700 mile drive vacation around Virginia Piedmont area, and averaged the average here - 46 MPG. Feels so good, in many ways, to be at the bottom of the gas consumption chain. Anyways, here are some pics after the first car wash. Coming from a modified Toyota Celica, I just had to swap the rims for something sportier - Sport Edition E3s (made by Kosei, for Tirerack), and they are lighter than stock - 14.5 lbs each. The wheels were swapped this weekend, so not sure how the MPG will change yet.

Name:  IM000016.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  69.2 KB
Name:  IM000015.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  57.9 KB
Name:  IM000013.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  39.0 KB

Old 09-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: New Owner with Pics (replaced rims!)

Very nice, now you need to swap the center cap for ones with an "H" on them.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It looks like you used your stock tires correct? So you stayed with 15s? They look good either way!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by exbauer
It looks like you used your stock tires correct? So you stayed with 15s? They look good either way!
Thanks! Yes, I did stay with the 15s. I figured that this car is no cornering beast, so I would just find some nice 15s that were as open-wheel as possible...and blingin! Also, the smaller the tire, the cheaper.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Looks very nice! I changed out the rims on my 03 Civic that I had before my HCH and it looked much better. Did drop my mileage a little bit though, but they looked nice.

I have to agree, that this car is not a cornering beast! My old Civic cornered better than the HCH. I think sticking with 15s was a good idea also. You are right, the smaller the tire, the cheaper. I think my 96 Maxima had 18s on it, and each tire was like 200+. I quickly got rid of those and put the stock back on (the dealer sold the car with both sets to me). It was a smoother ride, quieter, and much cheaper when I needed to replace the tires.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast

Well, with these new, lighter rims, I am already noticing an MPG increase. No other variables have changed in my driving. I have not started on a new tank with these rims on, but the majority of my current tank I have had these rims on, and I have not seen my MPG this high since I bought the car. I'll let you know what I achieve on a full tank, which will probably be a while since this is not my sole ride.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast

Hey - looking at the new rims - did you buy your car at Sport Honda? I'm in DC and that's where I bought mine. Such a great dealer!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: New Owner with Pics (replaced rims!)

Originally Posted by celicav
Well, with these new, lighter rims, I am already noticing an MPG increase.
Did you consider any other options for wheel replacement? My criteria for such is that they remain 15" and be as light as possible. The only other wheels I've considered thus far are the Motegi Traklite and Traklite 2.0 which come in just above 10 lbs each. Unfortunately they're at least twice as much and don't have the correct bolt pattern. Just curious if you found any other options...

Old 09-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What do the stock rims weigh?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

somebody weighed them and said 17 lbs. another choice would be enkei rp-f1. tirerack doesn't carry them in 15"s. but, other stores do. also they make the motegi in the our bolt pattern, just tirerack doesn't carry them.

Quick Reply: New Owner with Pics (replaced rims!)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands