HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie...

tiggere - Congrats on the good choice (I'm biased since I have owned my Civic Hybrid for 5 weeks as of today and just hit 5,000 miles too). If you can't find one in your color or option (the only option on the Civic Hybrid is the Nav system which I highly recommend for the price as it is SO much more than just nav - it is an interactive MP3/WAV/WMA player that lets you see songs in folders and search by artist, etc.

I had a Magnetic Pearl Hybrid w/Nav on order here in Pittsburgh and they never came through for me so I went to Leesburgh Honda in Leesburg, VA instead as they found my car for me inside of a week. When the local dealer DID finally call I was 3.5 weeks into owning my car from elsewhere. If you want to contact my local dealer let me know as they might still have the car available.

Regardless of what you pay you will make it back a million-fold (smirk) on gas and oil changes. Even if you drive with the A/C on and cruise control then you will get about 42 mpg and that is 2.5 times better than your Jeep so if you fill up your 18-gal tank each week then that is (at $2.90/gal) $52 per week in gas but the Civic Hybrid at even a worst of 40 mpg would be a 12-gal tank for $35 per week. That is $17 EACH WEEK in your pocket or an annual savings of over $800. You could pay $800 OVER the MSRP and still come out on top over a few years. Oil changes every 8,000 miles instead of every 3,000 miles? That is $15-$30 you don't spend three times but just once so that is another good chunk of savings per year.

I drive 150 miles a day so my numbers are WAY on the positive side of the Hybrid vs my previous car and like the others on this page I like the look of the Civic and have owned Hondas before and like the quality, fit, finish, and lack of maintenance required on them. I despise the look of the Prius (and the Insight) and the Accord and Camry hybrids were too big for my needs.