HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

I have never had my drivers side window come completely off the track but, I did have a problem with the auto up. With the window about 2/3 of the way down I would roll it up using the auto up and, it would make it about an inch maybe two from the top and reverse course. All I did was reset the auto up as per the directions in the owners manual and I have not had any issues since.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe I missed this, but:

1. Is this only the driver's side window?

2. Is this only 2006 models?

We have an '06 & '07 and the '06s driver side window has come off track several times. We will get the dealer to fix it when possible, but should we ask for 1, 2, or 4 windows to be worked on? And should we ask the '07 be worked on also?

Thanks, nf

Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

flatl1n3r, how do you reset the Auto up? Mine does the exact same thing. Although it has also come off track. Honda is aware of the problem, but they want to replace the window altogether. I have my windows tinted and they won't reimburse me for the tint, so I said forget it. I would love to see if I can reset it.

noflash, I did a google search on driver's side window off track with civics and it appears it's a civic problem, no matter what year. Some people learned to fix it themselves instead of taking it into the dealer every other week.

Jess

Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry for the delay,

I drove my Accord to work today so, Im not 100% percent sure these will work. To the best of my memory it looks like the same procedure I used for the Civic. Anyways, heres the procedure and, you will probably end up repeating steps 1-4 a couple times before you get it right because I dont think you have 5 seconds more like 3...

Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
Completely lower the driver's window by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
Open the driver's door.

IMPORTANT: Steps 1-4 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.
  1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
  2. Push and hold the driver's window DOWN(auto-down postion) switch.
  3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
  4. Release the driver's window DOWN switch.
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 three more times.
  6. Wait 1 second.
  7. Check if the AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN functions still work. If they do, the auto function has not been cleared; go back to step 1. If they do not, go to step 11.
  8. Move the driver's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
  9. Pull up and hold the driver's window UP switch(auto-up position) until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.
  10. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the driver's window AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN functions.
If the window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps. If it still does not work, refer to the master switch input test in the appropriate repair manual.

Hope that helps

Last edited by flatl1n3r; 10-27-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting, I've had this same issue with my 2006 HCH-II on an intermittent basis. As someone backed into my rear driver side door, I figured the dealer would cite that as the reason and not cover it under warranty. Now, though, I'm inspired to ask them to fix it. Thanks everybody!