HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

The recall letter

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default The recall letter

I guess this happens with most cars, I just received another recall letter from Honda. This has to do with steering wheel lubrication that can drip on to the brake light wire...which may cause the brake lights to short.

So far, I have had a defective nav unit replaced and, on recall, the battery strap terminal issue. I waited for the for the latter until the B1 service and, I suppose, I will wait for the next service schedule to deal with this current recall.

These issues are a pain in the ***...but I still love my hybrid.

Last edited by soldierbot; 10-05-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: The recall letter

I'm glad I have an '07. No recalls...yet. My old car had more than you could count (it was a Ford)

Old 10-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

FORD = Fixed Or Repaired Daily

or

FORD = Found On Road Dead

I don't give these american car manufacturers much longer, given their lack of willingness to see the obvious and change. They just want to see the big profit on their big, gas guzzlin SUVs. Sadly, almost every car maker has a plant in the US, but Honda is much further along technologically.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
teh nuberz

Originally Posted by wick1ert

or

I don't give these american car manufacturers much longer, given their lack of willingness to see the obvious and change. They just want to see the big profit on their big, gas guzzlin SUVs. Sadly, almost every car maker has a plant in the US, but Honda is much further along technologically.
You forgot the best one:
FORD = Fu$#ed Over Rebuilt Dodge

Old 03-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Strange- never got the recall letter but it just now (end of March 08) showed up on owner link

Old 03-23-2008, 08:43 PM

Igor: Your pf says you have a 2007. I didn't think the recall applied to the '07. My ownerlink says that there are no recalls.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

On paper it's a 2007 model, but date of assembly is late 2006 (according to sticker on the frame). The notice on the ownerlink appeared very recently- maybe a few weeks ago

Last edited by reagle; 03-23-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:51 PM

Maybe it applies to vehicles manufactured in 2006. Another possibility is that they have extended the recall to 2007s. They do not tell everyone at once, or the dealerships will be swamped. I guess we will wait and see...

Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

I had this done to my 2007 last week. It takes about an hour to do. The build date on my HCHII is October 2006

Old 03-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Part Time Hybrids

Originally Posted by wick1ert

or

Ford isn't the same company from a decade ago.

Current products such as the Edge or Fusion are on par if not better than many foreign offerings.

Quick Reply: The recall letter

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands