HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

RejeX – Opinions, please!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: RejeX – Opinions, please!?!

Here's my second annual Rejex update, and it is a doozie.

I have not reapplied Rejex since the first application two years ago, and I have used no other wax or protective product.

The Ultimate Rejex Test:

Seven months ago, I sold my house and have been a vagabond ever since. I've traveled 16,000 miles on my HCH in these seven months – starting at 13K miles in October 2010 and now with 29K in May 2011. My HCH, carrying my family and me, traveled throughout many southwestern and northwestern states during three seasons of weather, encountering heavy rains and mud, weeks of snow and ice, dusty unpaved desert roads, sun/heat, bug storms, bird poop... you name it! In these seven months and 16,000 miles, I didn't wash my poor HCH, not even once. (I don't use commercial car washes, and there had been no place to carefully/properly wash it myself.)

How Rejex Performed:

I am still traveling and staying in hotels. But a local friend offered to let me use her driveway to wash my HCH, and I could hardly avoid the cleanup task any longer. I dreaded the process due to my car's abysmal appearance, and calculated that I'd need all day to wash it thoroughly.

To my surprise, joy, and amazement... it took no longer to wash my HCH today than it would have ordinarily taken. While the Rejex no longer readily beads water (as it did for nearly 18 months), it continues to perform flawlessly in protecting the paint... now for a full two years. Despite driving cross-country for 16K miles, the Rejex even completely prevented all bugs from sticking. There was no bug residue. No rubbing. No extra cleaning products other than car wash soap. The paint today looks flawless – in absolutely showroom-new condition, and with the same silky-slippery feel you would expect from a just-detailed car.

I expect that few people have ever given Rejex such a punishing two-year test as this one. But I can tell you that I've never found another product that could come even remotely close to Rejex for protecting and maintaining a car's appearance. It has far, far surpassed any possible expectation for a car-care product. It's quick to apply, leaves no residue, is inexpensive to buy, and is tough as nails – what more could anyone want?

A big thanks again to Gary (Orient Express) for having initially recommended Rejex. Wow!

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 01-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: RejeX – Opinions, please!?!

Steve, just ordered a bottle and mothers clay bar, did you apply the clay bar on the front/rear bumbers of your HCH, curious if Honda does a protective film on those sections.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by condor63
Steve, just ordered a bottle and mothers clay bar, did you apply the clay bar on the front/rear bumbers of your HCH, curious if Honda does a protective film on those sections.
Yes, I used the clay bar on everything, including the bumpers. Good luck!

Old 05-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks

Old 08-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

Hello everybody,
I waxed the driver side of my roof with Meguiars Yellow #26 and the passenger side with Rejex about 3 months ago. I drive 110 months per day so the car picks up a lot of road grime and was very dirty when this picture was taken.

So far so good. I'm happy with Rejex vs wax right now.

Attached Thumbnails -rejex-vs-wax-3-months-small-file.jpg  

Last edited by flyer351; 08-14-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by flyer351
I drive 110 months per day so the car picks up a lot of road grime and was very dirty when this picture was taken.

So far so good. I'm happy with Rejex vs wax right now.
Great test, and the photo leaves no room for doubt. Rejex is the best thing anyone could do for their car finish. I'm at the 2-1/2 year mark now, and will have to reapply it soon. (It has outlasted my IMA battery pack!)

You seem to drive a lot – 110 months per day, really???