HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Remains of my beloved 2007 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Remains of my beloved 2007 HCH

I would love to see the estimate for complete repairs to your car. I would call it un-repairable from a practical sense.

You will have no fun negotiating the payoff from your insurance on this totalled car. I am very happy it did it's job. If the two vehicles were reversed in situation, your car would likely have been your least worry, if you survived at all.

Good luck.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

glad you are okay. did you have somebody in the passenger seat? i noticed the airbag went off.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by exbauer
glad you are okay. did you have somebody in the passenger seat? i noticed the airbag went off.
The airbag will only not go off if there is someone less than 60lbs in the seat, and the seatbelt is buckled. If no one is sitting there, it will still go off.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

My girlfriend was riding with me at the time, she is ok with the exception of some muscle aches. I think the passenger airbag hits harder than the driver's, because the airbag didn't injure me at all.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by pagemap
Under Minnesota law I can choose to take my car to any shop for repairs, and they can't do anything about it . So, I will definitely be taking it to a Honda-approved shop. Right now they are still assessing the damage, so I don't know whether it's totaled yet.
I was under the assumption you could take anywhere (which happens to be the case in nh)... however don't be surprised when they "pressure" you to go to a progressive approved shop. Stick to your guns. As for OEM parts, you will have to fight for those if Progressive is the insurance covering the cost.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1stpik
Good news for you! The accident must have damaged the electric motor/IMA. My Honda Element got hit a few years ago by a semi. It crumpled the side of the vehicle, ripped off the right rear wheel and broke the axle. I thought it was totaled, but the damage was only $4,000.

I don't know about "getting a fair deal" from an insurance company. Seems to me that they don't employ teams of lawyers so they can give everyone a fair deal. But just go to KBB.com and print out all the values for the HCH (retail, private party, trade-in). At least you'll have an idea of what you should get.

I'm curious whether the company will replace your car, or just write you a check?
they will write a check...too much effort to replace the car.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:03 PM

Yeah. I would get checked out. I too was involved in an accident a while back and my injuries did not show up until later in the week where I couldn't move my neck.