HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Another reason the number of road humps I go through on a typical day.... about 30-40s...
I notice fuel economy is extremely bad in the housing areas becaause of all these humps making me slow down and pick up speed...

Old 09-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Energy Independence

At low speeds, try to let off the gas and let the RPMs go down to 1100. Then ease onto the gas pedal, trying to keep the RPM at 1100, until you get 2-3 bars of assist. Often, you can keep in this electric-mode for a short while with this method.
It works at several different speeds, thanks to the CVT. As long as you can keep a steady speed using 1100 RPM, you have a shot at using NO gas for a short distance.

This has been discussed elsewhere on this site, also. That's how I found out about it.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Pump my tires to 41 Psi... I get about 47MPG for the last 200km.
But.. the ride is too bumpy now.. think I will try a lower Psi.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Enthusiast

250kpa(or 240, can't remember).....19km/l for me
can't wait to break 20km/l

Old 09-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast

I agree with UncleO- short distances between lights, start stop mode and many speed bumps esp in housing estates here in Singapore really do take their toll on mpg.

In largely city driving I get 16-17 km/l...if I have a high mix of expressway driving I get close to 19.

As far as EV mode goes...maybe it is my inexperience, but so far it has been difficult to find and even more so to hold. I do get it very rarely and it requires VERY light pressure on the gas pedal. Even with the foot pressure changes caused by road surface bumps I seem to lose the EV mode...

or maybe I should try driving barefoot?:-) which is actually suggested by one hypermiler guru...
Anyway, if you have not seen this please see http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306

Also- I find that Kah Motors (Honda distributor) lack much knowledge/ advice when it come to the HCH06! Do others in Australia / elsewhere face this problem??!

BTW- can we (Singaporean HCH2 owners) meet somewhere and exchange notes? preferably on Sunday? I would look forward to that.

Renga

Old 09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by srenga
I agree with UncleO- short distances between lights, start stop mode and many speed bumps esp in housing estates here in Singapore really do take their toll on mpg.

In largely city driving I get 16-17 km/l...if I have a high mix of expressway driving I get close to 19.

As far as EV mode goes...maybe it is my inexperience, but so far it has been difficult to find and even more so to hold. I do get it very rarely and it requires VERY light pressure on the gas pedal. Even with the foot pressure changes caused by road surface bumps I seem to lose the EV mode...

or maybe I should try driving barefoot?:-) which is actually suggested by one hypermiler guru...
Anyway, if you have not seen this please see http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306

Also- I find that Kah Motors (Honda distributor) lack much knowledge/ advice when it come to the HCH06! Do others in Australia / elsewhere face this problem??!

BTW- can we (Singaporean HCH2 owners) meet somewhere and exchange notes? preferably on Sunday? I would look forward to that.

Renga
Highway gets me 20-22km/l. My lifetime FC is now 19.1km/l. Count me in for any meetups! Would love to share experiences

Old 09-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Shoes and Gloves

You have reminded me that in days of yore we used to have special driving gloves and shoes.

The gloves were soft leather, kept in the glove pocket (where else you might ask) they had string backs to keep them cool and were just the thing for wives and mothers to give you as presents.

The shoes were specially kept for driving ,they were very light slip-ons like moccasins, and had very thin soles so that you could feel the car through your feet.

Not sure about the need for the gloves now, but the shoes could be very useful for the HCHII 'drive-by-wire' gas pedal? Certainly more sensitive than boots or trainers. I shall try it!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks...can we meet up Sunday 11AM? I live in Braddell. Where do you live, can we meet somewhere central? BTW, my name is Renga. you can SMS me at 94755403.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Enthusiast

I'm central too. How about next sunday 1st Oct as I got something on this sun. Helicraz you in?

Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

nay I can't.. need to keep my my kids company.

I am getting 20km/l after boosting the tires to 41Psi.. still haven't top up after travelling 750+ km. Lifetime only 17.3 since first few tanks are lousy milage.

Also... air-con really eats the FC...

Quick Reply: Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands