HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Hello there

Long time no talk...hope all of you are able to get more out of the HCH2 as the months go by!

I noticed in today's papers (21st Jan) that the price of the HCH2 from Kah Motors has dropped to $68K. This is rather disturbing bcos many of us paid $80K to be the a) guinea pigs and b) help evangelize the car in the Singapore market. Now others are able to reap the beefits at a much lower price.

Should we raise a petition to KM to consider and address this anomaly? If not a cash refund- at least some goodies e.g. free extended warranty etc at no addl cost?

Please feedback- thanks.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by srenga
Hello there

Long time no talk...hope all of you are able to get more out of the HCH2 as the months go by!

I noticed in today's papers (21st Jan) that the price of the HCH2 from Kah Motors has dropped to $68K. This is rather disturbing bcos many of us paid $80K to be the a) guinea pigs and b) help evangelize the car in the Singapore market. Now others are able to reap the beefits at a much lower price.

Should we raise a petition to KM to consider and address this anomaly? If not a cash refund- at least some goodies e.g. free extended warranty etc at no addl cost?

Please feedback- thanks.
I think $68K is after rebates from loan and such. It's actually $75K.
http://www.honda.com.sg/price_sheet.asp

Old 01-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

it has a "Conditions apply"... but it doesn't states the conditions..
and the promotion ends 2nd Feb...

maybe someone can find out what it the real conditions are...

Old 01-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast

Hi UncleO and others,
I've just taken delivery of my new HCH2. Already realise after reading this thread that my tyres (GR80s) are under-inflated to get the best FC. Using the recommended 210kpa. Good cushy ride but too soft for best FC. That said the GR80s are so much quieter than the stock Dunlops; glad I traded them in.
Hope to learn more from all the forummers here, Singaporeans or other wise.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Enthusiast

Congrats on your collection!

I having mine on 240, stock tyres though.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

haha.. I dunno what is mine now... after I sent to to Kah for the 10k service, I haven't checked it. My hunch is it is back at their recommended settings, as my FE is only 16.7 for the last half tank...

Haven't been doing way below my average FE the last 2mth... not much expressway driving lately, lots of city traffic, lots of traffic jams...

Oh, btw, they did replace the rubber on the driver side window.. and claimed it is cause by the weather in Singapore, instead of manufacturer defect.... At least now it is working fine.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Enthusiast

Good to see this thread coming to life again.
For some reason there is little interest among Hybrid owners in the SHC or FD Civic Club to meet up.
So, one more time, if there are any HCH2 owners in S'pore who would like to meet please SMS me at 98193893.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Enthusiast

I'm a week into my ownership of my HCH2. Nearly time for my 1st service. Have to source for 0W20 oil soon. Which oil do you guys use? The only 0W20 weight oils I know here are Fuchs GT1 ($90 for 4L) and Mobil 1 0W20. Redline has a 5W20 (don't know how much Mobil and Redline cost yet but Mobil should be cheaper).
Getting 17.4km/L for my 1st full tank. Have pushed tyres up to 240kpa. Doing a lot of stop start driving and rush hr commuting on the AYE. Had it up to 18.5 for a short while but I can't get it back with all the rush hr driving I'm doing.
Anyway, let's see how it goes after I change to a good thin oil. By the way, where did you guys go to buy the a/c filter? Stamford Tyres? Anyone else sells it? Kah Motors says no stock.

Last edited by hotnyh; 02-04-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast

AC filter from Kah.
Not currently using 0W20. Tyres at 225 - 230.
Read tarabell's piece on hypermiling; lots of good advice.
Am achieving 15 to 17 without problems (city driving, zero expressway) and between 18 to 20 with care.
On a long run with no traffic and keeping speed down you can get better figures than that.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Question for Singaporean HCH2 drivers

Does you HCH2 have a single or double tipped exhaust pipe?

Quick Reply: Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands