HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Spied HCHIII !

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Honda Clarity

This car will be a variant of the Honda Clarity.

New Car:

Clarity

Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Spied HCHIII !

It will look much better when they get all the cover-up off, I'm sure! H

Old 07-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Hybrid Evangelist
Exclamation Re: Spied HCHIII !

The articles I've seen about this say that Honda is concerned that with the retirement of the Insight they no longer have a visually distinctive Hybrid. They want a model that people can get the "Eco-Bling" exposure. The Prius is becoming a status symbol among the "Nouveau-Eco" crowd.

Did you know that the "Nouveau-Eco" types are actually hold "Green Speed Dating" meetings?? They recently held one in LA and you'd be amazed at the number of non-hybrid SUV's that showed up. One person, an aviation engineer showed up on his bicycle, all the rest drove less than green ICE gas guzzlers.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

At first thought, I felt the car looks way too much like a Prius. However, that may not be a bad thing in the grand scheme of things. Think of how many Prius cars have been sold. The key will be a true hybrid car, that can really compete with the Prius, and hopefully be better in terms of battery power and electric HP without compromising the rest.

I was laughing today, about how many people told me last year that I was "crazy", etc. for buying a hybrid and that it would never make a difference.....needless to say, I'm getting the last laugh at most of them, because they are paying $75-100 a fill up @ 20mpg.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Hybrid Newbie

OK, I'm open to liking the way it might look, its the shape resulting from wind tunnel testing and typical Honda efficiency, which is why I like them.