Charge Amp 5.50 (100% of capacity)
Discharge Amp 1.00 (20% of capacity)
Cut off Peak mV 5
Cut off V 1.00
Cut off 140 F
Trickle Amp 0.00
Time 20:00
CYC 1

This is assuming you took the caps off so you are only charging 1 stick (1/2 of the welded pair) at a time.

Good luck!
hello. Please help. If we were to do this to couple sticks as they re(two sticks together), can we do so? And what would be the mAh ? Would it be still 5500 or 11000 since doing two stick at the same time. Thanks a bunch.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sucessfully Reconditioning an IMA Battery Pack

The chances of you succeeding in this exercise are essentially 0. Furthermore, you clearly understand so little about it, the amount of time needed to educate you would be burdensome.

If your goal is to restore your battery to error-free operation for the long term (more than 30 days), you will fail. Period.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:33 AM

[QUOTE=S Keith;269980]The chances of you succeeding in this exercise are essentially 0. Furthermore, you clearly understand so little about it, the amount of time needed to educate you would be burdensome.

If your goal is to restore your battery to error-free operation for the long term (more than 30 days), you will

hah Thanks for such an explanatory answer. I’ll try and fail and do some with it.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:35 AM

You're welcome. I didn't give you the answer you THINK you want, I gave you the answer you actually NEED.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by S Keith
You're welcome. I didn't give you the answer you THINK you want, I gave you the answer you actually NEED.

im not going to do stick by stick actually will try it as couple.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:21 AM

Doesn't matter how you do it. You'll waste at least a couple weeks to a month. If it works at all, you'll be lucky if it lasts a month.

I'm speaking from the experience of doing over 30 of them with high-end, very capable equipment (I can cycle an entire pack at the stick level in about 1.5 hours at high current). In one exercise, it took me 14 packs to build 3. 1 was really good. another was okay, but it needed pretty regular grid charging and the last would get you buy if you grid charged monthly.

You may think I'm being an a$$, but I'm trying to give you accurate information vs. standing by while you keep taking tokes off the hopeium pipe. If you literally want a science experiment that may take you a month to complete, and you're okay if it turns out to be a complete waste of time, then go for it.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:01 AM

Doesn't matter how you do it. You'll waste at least a couple weeks to a month. If it works at all, you'll be lucky if it lasts a month.

I'm speaking from the experience of doing over 30 of them with high-end, very capable equipment (I can cycle an entire pack at the stick level in about 1.5 hours at high current). In one exercise, it took me 14 packs to build 3. 1 was really good. another was okay, but it needed pretty regular grid charging and the last would get you buy if you grid charged monthly.

You may think I'm being an a$$, but I'm trying to give you accurate information vs. standing by while you keep taking tokes off the hopeium pipe. If you literally want a science experiment that may take you a month to complete, and you're okay if it turns out to be a complete waste of time, then go for it.
Hello Keith, what you said made sense, I was able to figure out how to do it individually by stick by stick. It’s much more effective rather than as couple at the same time ( I think because of different internal resistance that each sticks has ? )

So from back of the couple where they meet the V is 0 from there to green stick socket it’s reads V for the green stick and from there to orange socket it reads for the orange stick voltage basically. That way able to cycle them. I’d like to attach a pic if I can. Thanks a bunch!

Does this set up look right?

Old 02-01-2020, 07:11 AM

It doesn't matter how you do it. It won't work. I've done it both ways.

The difference between single vs. dual in your case is because you're using a grade-school toy limited to 5W of discharge power. Using 1 stick allows a higher current of 0.7A vs. something between 0.3 and 0.4A on 2 sticks.

Have you bothered to do simple math? If your sticks tests to rated capacity, it's going to take you 27 HOURS TO CYCLE A STICK 3 TIMES.

You have literally selected the worst possible tool for this job. Your setup is laughable. You are doomed to failure.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:46 AM

It doesn't matter how you do it. It won't work. I've done it both ways.

The difference between single vs. dual in your case is because you're using a grade-school toy limited to 5W of discharge power. Using 1 stick allows a higher current of 0.7A vs. something between 0.3 and 0.4A on 2 sticks.

Have you bothered to do simple math? If your sticks tests to rated capacity, it's going to take you 27 HOURS TO CYCLE A STICK 3 TIMES.

You have literally selected the worst possible tool for this job. Your setup is laughable. You are doomed to failure.
yes I know it’s gonna take 27 hours or so for each stick.

Im doing this at a budget so I have read around and they said one from SKYRC Charger is better than fake clone cheap imax b6 Charger.

I’m giving it a shot, if it works it works it it fails it fails.

one more question: what would you recommend for cut-off mAh to be with this charger?

thank you.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:58 AM

You could have purchased one for about $140 that's literally 16 times better than the one you purchased, and it would give meaningful data. Testing a stick at 0.7A doesn't tell you anything.

At least you've established that you're fine with having it fail.

When I said your setup is laughable, I truly meant it. Alligator clips are horribly unreliable and can completely defeat NiMH delta V termination and frequently cause false positives meaning you'll never get it fully charged. You have alligator clips on alligator clips.

Since you purchased the SkyRC, you should have received a temp probe. Set temperature cut off at 45°C. Strap the temp probe onto the hottest cell.

Quick Reply: Sucessfully Reconditioning an IMA Battery Pack

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands