HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Those with recent PCM update, we need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Those with recent PCM update, we need your help!

Hm, I just talked to the service adviser where I bought my HCHII and he's aware of a PCM update for certain VINs only. Mine isn't covered, at least not yet anyway. Has anybody run into the same thing?

Old 08-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

so some of you think that the reason honda put this update is just so that it can reach EPA mileage estimates easier by using more battery power??

If my car lasts 8 years then its totally worth what I paid. I dont care if the battery is completely dead. I'll either buy a better battery or worst case, buy a new HCH. Hopefully by then we'll be able to acheive 70+mpg

If the update is going to give me more MPG then Im all for it.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Part Time Hybrids

I just left the car at the dealership this morning.

They know nothing about an update reguarding assist power or anything engine related. The only update was for possible faulty equipment relating to incorrect mpg displays. I'm getting new parts so I guess I had the issue.

I called 2 local honda dealers in the CT region, neither could find any information on the updates people in here are claiming.

If you have had this done, please post any info, there will be a # for the update used in honda's systems.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Picked up my car from honda today, The only thing the service tech was able to find on hybrids was the Guage Control Module update.

TACHOMETER - REPLASE. S/B#06-008
ERRATIC AVERAGE FUEL MILAGE
Installed 04782 - SNC-ALL :*78220-SNC-ALL

Thats the exact wording from the service sheet. If I understand this correctly the only open option for service was to replase parts inside the dash that might not display the mpg correctly.

I asked repeatedly about a "software update" and after 30 minutes of calls he said there is nothing anyone has heard about. He says he doesn't think its even possible to simply "update" 06 to 07 software and really improve the electric motor operation.

He did offer his opinion it MIGHT be possible Honda is doing an update, his theory is only certain VIN # auto's in a specific national market, prolly the NAV civics could include an update in software to bring the navigation system up to date. It would be a test to see if updated cars report better milage, and could possibly become a standard update in half a year or so.

He did state repeadely though that any update would require an all day stay or overnight, because there is no easy way to update the car, its not the family PC. (or mac in my case)