HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Tsb 09-058

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Tsb 09-058 Mileage report

After the 1st full tank after having the SW updates, the car has picked up a full 5 mpg. I recommend it for everyone! The car also drives smoother. Auto-stop is much smoother at startup.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tsb 09-058

I tried to take mine in today to have it done, but my dealer said they aren't able to access the Honda website over the weekend to have it done. I have to take it in sometime during the week which is very difficult to do for me. It will eventually get done, though. I thought the car drove smoother w/ the last updates I had done in May. I'm looking forward to having this one done too.

Jess

Old 08-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Had mine done 09-58 a little while ago.

Those that have that it done, how often to you get to 2 bars soc around town with the a/c on? Since I have had it done I get to 2 soc much more then before, just a feeling no hard facts. I get no asst if I only have 2 bars, really have to use the rpms to get going on a hill

Just checking in let me know

Brian

Old 08-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't use AC so that isn't a factor for me, but I frequently find myself at 3 bars when driving around town--something I never used to see. I am very happy about this though. It's much better that the car recognizes that it's at 3 bars than what it used to do--crash from 5 bars all the way down to one.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Arrow Re: Tsb 09-058

My '09's SOC has never been below 3 bars, and rarely goes below 4. I run the AC most of the time.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

steve

Do you do mostly highway? I run into the 3 soc running around town in heavy stop and go where I can not get a strong regen going. I am talking about hitting red light after red red light. If just normal around town I seem to be find.

I do like the fact that I have not had a soc crash since the 058 was done.

Brian

Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Arrow Re: Tsb 09-058

Originally Posted by hchluv
Do you do mostly highway? I run into the 3 soc running around town in heavy stop and go where I can not get a strong regen going. I am talking about hitting red light after red red light.
Brian, I do lots of in-town driving, with equal success. My primary focus in town is always to use minimal assist. Also, my HCH cruises far more efficiently at 40+ MPH, so I avoid 20-40 MPH when possible. If I already have a near-full SOC, I extend my coasting a lot by not allowing REGEN assist. See if those ideas might help you – good luck!

Old 08-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

steve

I use to extend my coasting also by no allowing green assit, but now after the 058 if I do not allow every opportunity for regen assit I will be at 2 soc in no time flat. I like everything else about the car...so if I have to relearn to drive I am ok with it. By the way my mpg's have not gone down with the less regen assit coasting.

I have noticed that it seems to give less assit on steep hills from a stop, I need to use more rpms them before. Again I am ok with it, just a new learning curve

Brian

Old 08-20-2009, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by hchluv
I have noticed that it seems to give less assit on steep hills from a stop, I need to use more rpms them before. Again I am ok with it, just a new learning curve
Yeah, I've noticed this too--I find I need to push further on the pedal now than I used to in order to get the same level of power (gas + electric). It's like a forced "econ" mode in a way. It feels like the throttle mapping is different and allows more modulation which I really like at highway speeds. I'm not sure if I should attribute this to the transmission upgrade more than the BCM TSB though since both were applied on the same day.

Like you say, it's a little bit of a learning curve, but it's not a big deal. I just have to be careful when starting out on a gravel hill, not to give TOO much gas.

It's been 2.5 weeks since I had the TSB done and my battery has only crashed once since. This makes me very happy!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 AM

I'm at the stealership getting this done right now. 1hr 45min and counting.... they seem to not care much about their customers getting warranty work. Last time it was 8 hours. That's not happening again. I'm going to be out of here in 30 min, whether my car has the update or not.

Quick Reply: Tsb 09-058

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands