HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Vandalism To Your Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Vandalism To Your Hybrid?

This weekend I recieved the call at work that everybody loves..."Honey, just so you know about the car..." At first my wife thought it was a hit-and-run, but there damage now appears more like Keys, shoes, etc. rather than a tire or something. Since my wife was driving the car I find it unlikely that she ticked someone off on the road. Anyone had bad experiences with envious gas guzzlers?

Old 11-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Vandalism To Your Hybrid?

what leads you to believe the hybrid system was the reason your car was targeted?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:27 PM

Speculation totally. Just kind of wondering. After all, radical environmentalists have been known to vandalize SUVs, and drivers around here will give you the finger for only going 65 mph in the right-most lane. SInce there wasn't any dents or sheet metal damage, though, I find it odd that someone could have backed into it.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:02 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

hybrid haters. that's a new one.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Not sure it's that new... I distinctly remember seeing a newscast (online, so I'm not sure of the city/state of origin) about Hummers being egged and "ticketed" (for being 'gas guzzlers') and hybrids being bullied (generally, for driving slower than the flow of traffic, not for just being a hybrid parked in a lot somewhere.)

Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 AM

I debage all my cars regarless of what they are. I did it to this one too. I took off the Civic and Hybrid emblem off. So, I just look like a really slow regular Civic on the highway. HAHAHA. But, I have never heard of anything like that. But, I can see it happenning. But, the Prius is so easy to spot out. Maybe should ask that question onver there?

Old 12-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

interesting, how did you plug the holes where your badges where? also the front emblem is pretty integrated into the bumper trim, how did you deal with that one?

Old 12-01-2006, 12:35 PM

I only take of the Civic and Hybrid emblems. The H stays on. Those have holes. But, the Civic and Hybrid emblems are stuck on with double sided adheisive. It doesn't leave any marks or anything.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Vegetarian

I had someone stick some kind of snack bar wrapper under my door handle. I think the person was probably just lazy, not a hybrid hater.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had somebody spill coffee all over the interior while trying to talk on the cell phone.

...oh wait, that was my wife.

Quick Reply: Vandalism To Your Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands