HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

What's the lowest level have you gotten your tank?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: What's the lowest level have you gotten your tank?

The most I have ever refilled the tank was 12.614 gallons.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Witch w/ sense of humor

We've driven the gage down to zero bars. When we filled up, it accepted 12.6 gallons. I do not think we could have driven much further without refuelling.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I drove it 20 miles past 0 bars today and only filled up with 10.623 gal

Old 02-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Hybrid Owner

The giantquesadilla evidently had some extra gas somewhere...

Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Thumbs up Re: What's the lowest level have you gotten your tank?

There's a website dedicated to this speculation on various cars. It's at:
http://tankonempty.com/ Have fun!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:45 PM

Best 52.22 mpg (5th tank). worst 47.53 mpg (1st tank).

Old 02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Witch w/ sense of humor

Originally Posted by 2008 Honda CIvic Hybrid
Best 52.22 mpg (5th tank). worst 47.53 mpg (1st tank).
That is very good mileage! You must show great care and restraint when driving. Ashen typically got 40-44 MPG due to road rage. I salute your discipline!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 AM

yeah. not too bad considering that I'm doing urban driving and only 40% of the time on city highways (not inter-state). the rest of the time in stop & go driving.

however, i envy those that is doing much better than myself. papaya is clocking 3.52l / 100km. this is 66.74 mpg!!!

i rely a lot on the iFE gauge. but i do not drive slow.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
AJR
Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: What's the lowest level have you gotten your tank?

I've posted a few times in the forum on my tank distances after the fuel light comes on and after the last blip goes out. I've had my 07 HCHII since April 2007 and have put 15,600 miles on it. My overall average is 48mpg. On average (when temps above 50F) the fuel light comes on usually around 10-20 miles after there are only 2 blips left, which for me is around 460-500 miles. I notice that the last 2 blips seem to disappear very quickly (usually after 20-25 miles or so). I then continue to watch my tank miles and can run it to 575-650 miles. When I fillup, it's usually around 11.5 to 12.2 gallons. I don't top off except to get to the next $.50 or $1.00 on the pump (if it clicks at $36.72, I fill to $37.00).

Now, stating what I have above, I have run out of gas twice. Both times my wife had driven it sometime on those 2 tanks which have thrown off my estimated numbers by as much as 30-40 miles on the tank (shows how heavy she can be on the accelerator). The first time I ran out of gas, I was pulling up to a computer job and as I turned onto his street, the car started to shudder when I pressed the accelerator. I coasted to park in front of his house. I had to put about 1 gallon of gas in the tank before I could get it started and over to the gas station.

The 2nd time I ran out of gas I was on the freeway. It was strange to me because I only had 517 miles on the tank (but again my wife had driven the car and f'd up the mileage and mpg only driving it about 25 miles). I was in a hilly part of the freeway (right near Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo) so I was able to shudder and coast about 1 mile, using up the battery from a full charge down to 1 bar! I walked about 1/4 mile before a CHP pulled up behind me (as I was walking on the side of the freeway) and took me to the next exit about 2 miles away to a gas station. He couldn't drive me back because the CHP can't transport fuel, so I got a ride back from someone at the station going back that way.

I still push each tank, but do try and fillup after about 50-75 miles after the last blip goes out

Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
But I don't push it because I hear when you run a gas tank dry yucky sediment gets into your fuel injection system and clogs it up.
Please tell me that this still isn't the case in 2008! I mean, surely the car companies must have figured this out and put some sort of a filter between the tank and the fuel line no??? ANyone?

Quick Reply: What's the lowest level have you gotten your tank?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands