2005 -vs- 2006 Accord Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2005 -vs- 2006 Accord Hybrid?

I've been looking for a new hybrid and I've found a dealer that has a brand new 2005 Accord Hybrid in stock with about 250 miles on it. What's the difference between a 2005 and 2006 Accord hybrid? I know the 2005 doesn't have a sunroof, and the rear tail lights are a little different. What else has changed?

Thanks,
Kelly

Old 07-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 -vs- 2006 Accord Hybrid?

Hmm, just from memory, the 2006 has a different looking front end. The metallic grille pieces are a little bigger. And I think there are intake vents below the headlights? Also, of course, a moonroof is added. As well as Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA). And the tail lights get a new look, along with LED bulbs. And the car now has daylight running lights.

Did I miss anything?

I'm not fond of the change in the look of the front end or the rear of the car. I prefer the exterior appearance of the '05. But I do like the LED bulbs. Wish the '05 had them. Also, I really wish my '05 came with VSA. That would be the only feature of the '06 that I would really love to have. The addition of the moonroof is nice. Although I can live without it, I wouldn't mind having it.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Keith,

Thanks for responding. Just out of curiousity, how happy are you with your HAH? Why did you pick that model over some of the other hybrids? I'm trying to figure out what I want and I keep leaning towards the HAH.

Thanks,
Kelly

Old 07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I LOVE IT!

It really suited my needs. I wanted a nice car. One that was sporty. Cool options (it's a guy thing. I like buttons. ) Navigation. Leather seats. Great fit and finish.

To give you a brief history, so that you can see what led me to my decision, I was replacing a vehicle I've owned for the last 13 years (well, at the time, only 12 years). Since I haven't had a new vehicle in forever, I wanted to treat myself to something nice. Enter the Acura TL. I drove my sister's 2000 TL and loved it. So when I went car shopping, I started there. I found an '02 TL with Navi for $22K. I was the TypeS, so it was fast! 260 hp. I loved that! It had leather, another plus. And the Navi was cool. I definitely didn't need it. But it was a nice option to have.

But, since I kinda wanted a NEW car, I started to look at the HCH. Mostly because it was a high FE car. I test drove it, and although it was a nice car, just didn't seem luxurious enough for me. I believe the dealer wanted $20K. So I went back and bought the TL.

I had that car for three weeks, but the credit union I went to for financing had problems and my sales contract was void. Something about they'd only finance up to a certain value of the car, which was about $1K less than my purchase price. I had $600 worth of tint, $500 worth of LoJack, and $1K worth of extended warranty added to the bill. So, because they wouldn't finance me with the additions, I decided to cash in on some of my savings and buy a brand new TL. At $31K, the TL was a great car! All the amenities of the '02, but with improvements!

But, the day I was driving down to the Acura dealership to put down my deposit to for a TL being built later that month, gas was over $3/gallon, and all the gas station price signs were like neon signs flashing at me. So, I got off at the next exit and went to the Honda dealership to look at the $30K HAH.

I took it for a test drive. Compared it side by side to the TL. Drove the TL again. Drove the HAH again. Left. Contemplated over lunch. Decided that both cars were nearly identical in features and function. Went back to the Honda dealer and bought the HAH. After all, it fit my needs to the T! Great performance (255 hp is great when you need it). Good FE (I just did a 4,000 mile trip and used slightly less than 100 gallons of fuel). Plenty of interior room. A luxurious interior. It's just a great car overall! I'd definitely buy this car again.

Not only did I spend almost exactly $4K less (out the door price) for the HAH than the TL, but every time I fill up the gas tank, I save money also. I don't remember what I last figured was my savings, but I think it was something like $700 in 10 months. I think I posted that information on this site, so a search would probably find that post.

Also, I received $300 more back from my federal taxes and $150 more back from my state taxes.

The insurance difference wasn't much. I don't recall the exact cost difference, but I believe it was within $15-$25 per year.

I can't think of anything else that would be significant. If you have any more questions, I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. Heck, if you were close by, I'd even let you drive it!

Old 07-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow, that's a great testimonial. Thanks!

Old 09-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Did I miss anything?
The only other thing is the heated outside rearview mirrors with the turn lights on them.

The trunk opening (on the back face of the car) is a bit smaller because of the new design for the tail lights, so it's more of a challenge to get "wider" things into the trunk. Oh. And the 06 has dual exhausts w/ chrome tips.

(I just traded my 05 HAH with 8300 miles, for a new 06 with 5 miles on it )

Old 09-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

I'm kinda waiting for the 08 HAH, those concept photos - although it could be the Japan Accord - look extremely nice. Not to mention maybe improved FE & maybe a 4 cylinder HAH.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:14 AM
We have an Accord!

Don't forget the 2006 Accord Hybrid comes with a temp spare tire instead of a can of fix-a-flat.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by Railroad
I'm kinda waiting for the 08 HAH, those concept photos - although it could be the Japan Accord - look extremely nice. Not to mention maybe improved FE & maybe a 4 cylinder HAH.
Probably won't be a 4 unless they do some serious design changes to the car. The 4 cyl engine is inline and the 6 cyl is transverse, so there's physically not enough room under the hood for the hybrid works, with the 4 cyl engine.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

The 2008 is when the Accord gets a redesign, hence my hope for maybe a 4 cyl. HAH.

Quick Reply: 2005 -vs- 2006 Accord Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands