AC system observations

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default AC system observations

To all of you veteran Honda Accord owners, this is probably not news, but I just discovered it yesterday on a road trip. When the AC is in auto mode and the outside temp gets in the 80's and above, the recirc light comes on and stays on. This is obviously Honda's method of making the AC perform at peak efficiency and provide maximum cooling for the passenger compartment. I noticed on the way home last night that once the outside temp got back down into the 70's, the recirc light went off. I asked my salesman about it, but I knew way more than he did. Didn't see this addressed in the OM anywhere.

Old 05-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: AC system observations

Same here. Seems to be in the mid to upper 80's.

Old 06-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast

Nathan,
Thanks for this post as this was driving me nuts! I had a 1998 Accord V6 previous to my hybrid with automatic climate control and the recirc light would come on when the car was first started and stayed on until the car cooled down. It did not matter what the outside temperature was. I have noticed that I the recirc light stays on (and it turns itself back on even after you turn it off) on my hybrid. I was ready to bring the car back to the dealer to fix it. I am sure that I won't be seeing temperatures much in the 70's until late September.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi SuperC:

___Same in the non-hybrid Accord EX-L as well although I do not use A/C all that much

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net