The AH is worth even more ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default The AH is worth even more ...

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: The AH is worth even more ...

xcel,
In my week long test drive of the Hybrid Accord, I was able to do some 48+ mpg runs on my commuting route. (30 miles one way.) The weather and temperature were ideal. If I had an Accord long term though I'd probably end up with overall mpg in the high 30's.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Rarely post anything

Wayne - Welcome back!
Glad to see you made it back safely and all went well with your two transactions (although I'm personally sad to see the Insight go...lol)

I don't post on DriveAccord, so I'll answer those questions you asked *there*, *here*

On the Navi voice activation - I did warn you about that! What I do is to back out of the TC screen (the 'back' button on the steering wheel works nicely for this, followed by a voice command to 'show map' or whatever command you wanted. What happens is that on each screen, the system is trained to focus on commands applicable to *that* screen. When you give a command outside of that screen, it tries to map it to the closest 'eligible' command. The most flexible of the screens is the Navi map screen. The least flexible tends to be...you guessed it - the trip computer.
For the future - if you accidentally give a command that resets the display, you can press the 'back' button within 1 sec and that will cancel the command. This works best when you have the 'provide voice command confirmations' (or whatever it's called) active in the Navi options setup. Otherwise, you don't hear the voice confirm the command and you just watch the command process (in this case, resetting your TC).

Cleaning the screen - get some PC monitor wipes at OfficeMax or similar. I did the other week - cost about $6 for a container of 100. Works nicely, but leaves the area a little wet - it dries in a minute or two. Use the residual for the speedo cluster, etc.

On the spoiler - it's available as an add-on accessory. Called a 'rear lip spoiler' or similar. You can get it from HandA-accessories.com or similar - I got my rear wing spoiler for the '01 coupe there, and had a dealer put it on. Matched exactly.

Now...the project for you to undertake...getting the 80mpg TC display from the hybrid incorporated into your PZEV's Navi. I'll bet it can be done through software... While you were gone, someone's figured out how to incorporate a different 'splash' screen in the Navi, and also is working on a 'no nag' hack (a TSX owner; on Acura-TL.com)

Old 04-28-2005, 06:46 AM
kcy
Enthusiast

Hi,
I am loving my HAH and now have 3000miles on it, and have owned it for one month (I have five kids, the oldest drives herself and sister #2 almost everywhere they go, but I still do a ton of running around town.....). I've only been able to take 2, one hour trips, the rest has all been exclusively city driving and I am averaging 29.6mpg! It's just awesome. I traded in my gass guzzling '03 suburban, which, on a good day, gave me about 13mpg! I couldn't be happier with my car and can't wait for summer when I can possibly take a real trip and see what the mpg will be!

Thanks for all of the very useful info on this forum. My husband says I'm turning into a full-fledged geek with my driving and the new routes I seem to take.....avoiding the worst of the hills and traffic lights, etc., but now he wants to get the HCH, hehehe.

I LOVE MY CAR!

Old 05-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

My AH with Navi is usually "stolen" in the garage by my 16-year old son. His mixed MPG is only about 25 while my mixed MPG is about 29.5. I am happy with my AH as it is very powerful car yet easy on fuel.

To appreciate an Accord's performance, expecially an AH, one should drive long trips. My one-way trip to work is only 18 miles. It is too short for that "big fat" AH's engine to demonstrate its power. But it keeps "flying" on the roads. I am crazy with that "overweight" AH engine just like Kelly.

Last edited by Viet; 05-03-2005 at 07:27 PM.