Bass Thud on Bumps

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

I agree with Sheila, I do not think it is coming from the front speakers. It is definately coming from the trunk.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:03 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

Hi Folks,

Wish I could offer some sound information on this but the only thing that I can suggest is going to a [Very-Large-Honda-Dealer]. The bigger the dealer the more expertise they will have on the Hybrids. Especially the Accord Hybrid being as there were not a lot of them sold compared to the Civic Hybrid.

Good-Luck,

Terry

Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

bah10duh - the ANC was already repaired. The ANC problem is a TERRIBLE droning sound that happens at 55mph and happened to me on the way home from the dealership the day I bought the car. I found the problem and solution on this very website. The bass sound is a very different sound and it definitely comes from the trunk area - sure hope someone gets a dealership to diagnose and find a fix. Unfortunately I have lost all future privileges to buying my next car as this is the second car in a row that I have not been totally happy with .

Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

Originally Posted by sheila
bah10duh - the ANC was already repaired. The ANC problem is a TERRIBLE droning sound that happens at 55mph and happened to me on the way home from the dealership the day I bought the car. I found the problem and solution on this very website. The bass sound is a very different sound and it definitely comes from the trunk area - sure hope someone gets a dealership to diagnose and find a fix. Unfortunately I have lost all future privileges to buying my next car as this is the second car in a row that I have not been totally happy with .
Hi Sheila,

Sorry to read here about your problem with the Accord Hybrid. I have owned a lot of Honda's over the yrs. and for the most part I really like them. Compared to other brands I have owned the Honda's are leaps and bounds ahead of the others.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sheila: The only other thing that I can think of that's back there that could cause any noise is the hybrid battery fans. But, I don't think they'd cause the kind of noise you're describing.

I wish I could help more.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast

Guys

First of all I have to say and I just got a preowned 05' accord Hybrid and I fell in love with the this car for the first time since my 1985 Volvo 240.

Coming from this background I have to say that I am new to Honda and chose it due to their Legendary reliability and Hybrid since the IMA is a more of a simpler system than Toyota's Synergy drive.

The car it replaced was a 1996 Ford Taurus which suffered a COMPLETE brake failure while driving....not to mention that none of the airbags worked after the crash. No more American "junk" cars after this.

Just to get into the subject here is a way to troubleshoot/pinpoint a Vibration problem. This procedure is for the Non-Navigation Accord.

1. Make sure the Radio is OFF (only the time shows on the Display)

2. Press and hold buttons 1 and 6 at the same time

3. Press the POWER button while holding the buttons from the previous step

4. The Display will show DIAG...or something related to that. This indicates
that the Diagnostic system is in operation.

5. Press button "2" and the display will show the OFF indication. An the same time you will hear a deep Drone sound coming from all speakers which could be used to trace the problem. Make sure all the doors are closed otherwise the test sound will not occur.

Usually the problem is related to loose panels. Place your hand against the panel where you hear the Vibrating sound and press hard. If the sound
goes away or is quieted down then you have a panel problem. I am really surprised the Dealers Didn't do this test.

If you want to leave the Diag Mode press the power to shut off the radio.

Does anyone know if this vibration issue could be covered/fixed by the warrantly; I still have 2500miles or 1 year to my warranty and it seems that I have a vibration coming from the Drivers side panel.

Other than that it seems to be an EXCELLENT car.

Thanks.......... I am looking forward in joining the Honda Family.

Mike

Last edited by Antiriad; 09-25-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

Originally Posted by Antiriad
Guys

First of all I have to say and I just got a preowned 05' accord Hybrid and I fell in love with the this car for the first time since my 1985 Volvo 240.

Coming from this background I have to say that I am new to Honda and chose it due to their Legendary reliability and Hybrid since the IMA is a more of a simpler system than Toyota's Synergy drive.

The car it replaced was a 1996 Ford Taurus which suffered a COMPLETE brake failure while driving....not to mention that none of the airbags worked after the crash. No more American "junk" cars after this.

Just to get into the subject here is a way to troubleshoot/pinpoint a Vibration problem. This procedure is for the Non-Navigation Accord.

1. Make sure the Radio is OFF (only the time shows on the Display)

2. Press and hold buttons 1 and 6 at the same time

3. Press the POWER button while holding the buttons from the previous step

4. The Display will show DIAG...or something related to that. This indicates
that the Diagnostic system is in operation.

5. Press button "2" and the display will show the OFF indication. An the same time you will hear a deep Drone sound coming from all speakers which could be used to trace the problem. Make sure all the doors are closed otherwise the test sound will not occur.

Usually the problem is related to loose panels. Place your hand against the panel where you hear the Vibrating sound and press hard. If the sound
goes away or is quieted down then you have a panel problem. I am really surprised the Dealers Didn't do this test.

If you want to leave the Diag Mode press the power to shut off the radio.

Does anyone know if this vibration issue could be covered/fixed by the warrantly; I still have 2500miles or 1 year to my warranty and it seems that I have a vibration coming from the Drivers side panel.

Other than that it seems to be an EXCELLENT car.

Thanks.......... I am looking forward in joining the Honda Family.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Accord Hybrid Forum here. Hope you will have a Great Experience with your Hybrid.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

you guys/gals - this is a problem with the active noise cancellation system. TSB was issued for this. Mine is going in Monday for the fix.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

Originally Posted by hyaena85
you guys/gals - this is a problem with the active noise cancellation system. TSB was issued for this. Mine is going in Monday for the fix.
Glad to hear that things are working out for you.

Terry

Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Enthusiast

I can report that the problem was fixed.

They tore out the stereo and speakers without too much evidence - the gap on the right side of the stereo is just barely bigger than the one on the left. I can deal with it.

It's better than having the noise.

Quick Reply: Bass Thud on Bumps

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands